The guy I'm dating says that he prefers it when girls wear makeup?

I personally only wear makeup if I'm going to like a wedding or on a really nice date. I never want to be one of those people that feels like I can't leave the house without makeup. But he told me that he prefers it when girls wear makeup because it shows they're putting effort into how they look. That it just looks more polished and everyone looks better with a little bit of makeup.

Just to clarify he's not trying to say that I'm ugly, and he only likes a little bit of makeup.

But it just concerned me that he seems more concerned about my appearance than I do. In case I'm wrong and I'm actually a troll I attached a photo of myself.

Is he being a jerk or is he being honest?

The guy I'm dating says that he prefers it when girls wear makeup?

Updates:
I wear make up when he and I go out now (not every day or if we stay in). I do it because he likes it, but his enjoyment and knowing he thinks I'm beautiful makes me enjoy it. I do eye make up and a subtle lip

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• he's allowed to have an opinion but it's up to you if you let his opinion change the way you are.

if he said that he likes it when you wear a little makeup simply thank him for saying that you look good that night, it's nice that he acknowledged the additional effort you put in.

that being said, you don't have to wear makeup because of him and honestly I find it attractive to have a girl that doesn't wear makeup and I'm sure your man respects that of you too, he is simply saying that he likes the effort every now and then.

you do look beautiful the way you are too so he can't complain too much either way :)

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• of course make up would make a girl's face look prettier but I don't see a reason why you should wear it everyday. in fact it just ruins your skin and face overtime. just like you, I don't wear make up, even on occasions and I don't plan to do that. people are used to my bare face and my boyfriend told me to never put make up as well. he just suggested it once to see what I'm gonna look like but nothing more. I think your boyfriend might just wanna show off or brag to others that he's dating a pretty girl (with make up lol daheck) but no, u're really lovely and you look gorgeous and if you dont wanna wear make up it shouldn't be him to decide that for you. if he's real he will love you no matter what. even if ur face melts or sth

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• If it was your question, he just answered it honestly. As long as he isn't telling you to put on makeup, it's fine. You look pretty enough without it, you have beautiful skin. You should learn to take better pictures, though, try a natural light source pointing perpendicular to your face. It will remove the shadows on your face, making you look brighter, which is always a good look. Just my two cents. 😊

0|1
    0|0
  • he likes girls a little dolled up and thinks you look sexier with makeup on, that's his preference. you can choose to wear makeup or not, that's your preference. he's not being a jerk contrary to some of the feel gooders around are ssying, he's telling you his preference. and you have the power to choose if your preferences match

2|0
    0|0
  • First and foremost, I think you're beautiful. Second that's a little funky explanation, (so I'm going to say jerk) especially in your case since you look great bare. Maybe just lipgloss might do the trick.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm of roughly the same opinion as your boyfriend. The logic behind it (for me at least) is less that it looks better, because you obviously look good without it, but more what it says about your mindset. It signifies that you're putting effort into your appearance, which means you have a realistic understanding of how the world works, and that you aren't lazy. Plus, it means you probably also have a more classically feminine aesthetic than a lot of other girls, which for me is a plus.

0|0
    1|1
    • Why do you think women that never wear makeup or if they do its on special occasions are lazy? How does it correlat with being lazy?

• It doesn't necessarily mean you are lazy if you don't wear make up, but if you do, it's more likely that you aren't.

• It's the truth. A well-done makeup job, like PhotoShop on a photo, will ALWAYS look better than the "all-natural" person or photo.

But in my opinion it is impractical to wear makeup ALL the time when u leave the house!

So I know what your boyfriend means, he just likes to see a woman dolled-up. :)

0|0
    1|0
  • girls look great with makeup but.. I'd rather have one without a bunch of oil n powder on there face js

0|0
    0|0
  • You are pretty, maybe he wants you to put makeup on so that he can show the world that he hit a jackpot

0|0
    0|0
  • you look beautiful here. put makeup when you want to. don't listen to others. if your guy pressurizes you then gift him your makeup kit and leave.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're pretty woman and he want to show you off looking your very best in public.

0|0
    0|0
  • why would you destroy that face with make up? I wouldn't even suggest lipstick

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll take you without makeup 😉

0|0
    1|0
  • but I want you without make up

0|0
    1|0
  • Your man need to calm down and wear his glasses 👓. Cuz ur beautiful but he probably want u perfect (lots of people around).

0|0
    0|0
  • He is just wanting you to be more presentable or he likes you with make up and its not necessarily a bad or good thing. which in my opinion you shouldn't have to wear makeup for approval.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• You're honestly so pretty. I'm fifteen and haven't plucked an eyebrow. If you want then just do your eyes and lips, nothing too much but also some effort. You have great eyes so making them stand out will be nice and adding colour do ur lips is optional. You have nice skin so u don't need much. And if you're not comfortable then tell him.

0|1
    0|0
  • whats wrong with having a preference. I don't think him having been honest about his preference and opinion was being a jerk in any shape or form.
    There are guys who would talk about that to his guy friends and make you look belittled.

1|1
    0|0
  • You look pretty without it. Only wear it if you want to, not because of some guy. You could play up your eyes a bit to make them stand out more. If you decide to wear some keep it light. A touch of lip gloss would look nice. But judging by the picture you already have a clear complexion so no need for foundation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like he's just telling you he has a preference, not a requirement. I don't see how you could possibly interpret that as him being a jerk.

1|0
    0|0
  • You dress however you feel better.. you're beautiful already ♥️

0|0
    0|0
  • I would only suggest some mascara if you wanted to but apart from that you look good :) Your skin looks so smooth!

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like a jerk to me. There was no need for him to say that.

0|0
    0|0
  • You look pretty without it do whatever makes you happy after all it's your face

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, he is being a jerk.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's a tool.

0|0
    0|1
  • He is just being honest. It doesn't mean he considers you unattractive

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes