The guy I'm dating says that he prefers it when girls wear makeup?

I personally only wear makeup if I'm going to like a wedding or on a really nice date. I never want to be one of those people that feels like I can't leave the house without makeup. But he told me that he prefers it when girls wear makeup because it shows they're putting effort into how they look. That it just looks more polished and everyone looks better with a little bit of makeup.

Just to clarify he's not trying to say that I'm ugly, and he only likes a little bit of makeup.

But it just concerned me that he seems more concerned about my appearance than I do. In case I'm wrong and I'm actually a troll I attached a photo of myself.

Is he being a jerk or is he being honest?

I wear make up when he and I go out now (not every day or if we stay in). I do it because he likes it, but his enjoyment and knowing he thinks I'm beautiful makes me enjoy it. I do eye make up and a subtle lip

1215

Most Helpful Guy

• he's allowed to have an opinion but it's up to you if you let his opinion change the way you are.

if he said that he likes it when you wear a little makeup simply thank him for saying that you look good that night, it's nice that he acknowledged the additional effort you put in.

that being said, you don't have to wear makeup because of him and honestly I find it attractive to have a girl that doesn't wear makeup and I'm sure your man respects that of you too, he is simply saying that he likes the effort every now and then.

you do look beautiful the way you are too so he can't complain too much either way :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• of course make up would make a girl's face look prettier but I don't see a reason why you should wear it everyday. in fact it just ruins your skin and face overtime. just like you, I don't wear make up, even on occasions and I don't plan to do that. people are used to my bare face and my boyfriend told me to never put make up as well. he just suggested it once to see what I'm gonna look like but nothing more. I think your boyfriend might just wanna show off or brag to others that he's dating a pretty girl (with make up lol daheck) but no, u're really lovely and you look gorgeous and if you dont wanna wear make up it shouldn't be him to decide that for you. if he's real he will love you no matter what. even if ur face melts or sth

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE