Do you have any tips to help me cut my boyfriends hair?

So, my other half is going to a funeral on Wednesday and he wants a haircut to look respectful. The problem is, he won't go to town to get one, he wants me to do it for him. He has some silly idea that I should use bobbles all over his hair to do it. I would tie "As many bobbles as possible" to different points on his hair, pull them to about where I want to cut and make sure they are all at the same length, then snip them. I have tried to tell him a million times that it would be better just to pay £5 for a trim some place, from someone who knows what they are doing and have the popper equipment, but he is as stubborn as a mule and nothing will change his mind.

His hair is very long and very very thick, it comes past his shoulders. It's wavy and a little bit curly while it is drying. It also gets very poofy and frizzy as it's drying. (I wish I had a picture to show you what I mean but he hasn't had a photograph in years.) It's not even lengths because the last time he had it cut he had it cut short down the sides and long on top. It looks a mess. He has this stupid trapper hat he wears through every type of weather because he likes to hide it. He needs it cut, or he should just put it up in a tidy bun but he won't do that.

Anyone that has any hairdressing tips, or has cut their own hair before, I would be so grateful if you could share anything! If you know of any videos or useful instructions on what to do please share!!! I'm a little bit bewildered as I haven't cut hair ever in my life.Do you have any tips to help me cut my boyfriends hair?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• My haircut is easily possible with a rasor, though I prefer to go to the hairdresser...
    It looks more or less like this (picture is a random pic of the same hairstyle) :D
    encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I have offerd a few times to do it with my clippers but he has made it clear he dosnt want it that short, just a trim. I would be ok if I could use my clippers because I have at least had experiance with them.

• Haha guys are stubborn... that's how we are unfortunately. We want it cold but not too cold, or soft but not too soft :-(

• I hear you ha ha ha ha

Most Helpful Girl

• An electric hair trimmer with a #3 comb on it. Then just swipe and be done with it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Ha ha ha I told him thats what I want to do but he want to keep most of the length. I'm just going to follow an easy video on youtube, if it goes wrong then this will be my back up. Thankfuly I'm not bad at useing trimmers!