Girls, Is putting makeup on your child a bad idea?

I am part of a makeup group on facebook. And I do love seeing all the different looks people put out. But one thing that does bug me is when they make over their kids who are as young as two. And it's not even cute little lipstick or blue eyeshadow. These kids are getting foundation, bronzer, their brows done. All because the mom was bored and thought it looked cute.

Halloween, I think is a totally different story. I used to wait for Halloween, just so I could finally wear lipstick. But I didn't wear makeup until 13. Am I just being too uptight about it?
I guess I really want input since I am not a parent. So if any parents want to voice their opinion, they are more than welcome.

Thank you ladies for the input. I would of voiced my concerns on the facebook page itself, but they are very block friendly. Anything they deem as "negative" is removed. Also, I am not a parent, so the first thing most mothers would say is I wouldn't know because I don't have kids.

I wanted to agree that another concern I have is that foundation and contouring products are not made for toddler skin. And why they would want to already hide a beautiful, pure complexion is beyond me.

27

Most Helpful Girl

• Uhm, if my baby girl wanted to have some make up I'd sometime sallowe her to wear some lipstic for a while when at home and e. g. "playing adults" when she's babysitting her dolls and doing some funny fashion shows. Outside none apart from some coral/light pink/light polish nail. I've seen some 3-5 year old girls wear them (obviousy full of scratches etc) and I thought it looked cute and funny. But not all the time and not at the age of 2. Also, I'd avoid putting anything on her face apart from some vit. A creams during the wintertime until she herself decides she wants some when she's a teen etc. And finally, I'd never post my child's photos on any social media to begin with :P I don't even post mine, so... ;)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE