Girls, help me doll up for this weekend :) ?

I'm going to a wedding this weekend and will be wearing this turquoise dress (shown below). And I have a few questions:

1) What lip color should I wear?
I'm thinking of wearing a pinky nude or maybe even a pink-mauve lip color (actually can't really decide which one would match/look better) but if you have any other suggestions/ideas, please let me know.

2) I can't decide how I should wear my hair - updo (like a bun) or just let my hair down.
If it helps paint a better picture, I have reddish brown hair, medium-fair skin with golden undertones, and brown eyes. I'm also gonna be wearing nude pumps, nude clutch, and gold earrings (these ones in the picture below, to be precise):

Updates:
Thank you for all your responses :)
I ended up doing large waves on my hair and wearing it half up/half down, and pinky mauve lips (Rush by Urban Decay, which is my favorite, go-to lip color💄)
Oh and brown smokey eyes with gold on the inner corner ;)

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The dress is very simple so you have a lot of options! I think a pink lipstick, the second earring and a simple hair do. Up if you're in a humid climate, down if you don't have to fight that!

1|0
    0|0
    • The earrings in the picture are both the same. It's just that the picture is showing it from the front view (left) and side view (right).
      It's not humid here but I hear it will be hot this weekend (around 88).

• I see what you're saying! I think a simple up do is always nice so you don't have to fuss with your hair all day :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• pink nude lipstick would look better. really any nude tone lip color looks best. Let your hair down. At a wedding it is expected that your hair is down.

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• Updo coz you need to show off those earrings.

As for makeup, I'd go with natural lips and gold eyes.

2|0
    0|0
    • Yes! I was already thinking of subtle brown smokey eyes with some gold :)

• Pink mauve lipstick for sure. Something around this color would look great, I think.
    cdn.makeupandbeauty.com/.../...ic-mauve-swatch.jpg
    I think you should wear your hair down with waves.
    Love those earrings btw!

1|0
    0|0
  • Hair down with rita hayworth hair style.
    Pink or red. Turquoise dress 👗 will accentuate your lip colour!

The first earring.

1|0
    0|0
    • The earrings in the picture are both the same. It's just that the picture is showing it from the front view (left) and side view (right).

Thank you for your response. I did think of red lips too. I think I'm gonna play some "dress up" Friday night ;)

• With your hair color I would go with a burgundy lip color it would make your lips pop, or do like a tangerine lip color. Mauve will probably make you look too pale.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nude pink lips.
    Eyes I'd go for a natural palette like the set that Revlon, L'Oreal or maybaline in nudes.
    If the earrings are long wear your hair down.

1|0
    0|0
  • Pinky nude lipstick would go well with the dress
    And I'd suggest you let your hair down

1|0
    0|0
  • I THINK A LIGHT EYELID AND DARK BROWN OR EVEN DARK RED IN THE CREASE WITH A SHIMMER FINISH. DONT USE BRONZER STAY WITH A PEACHY BLUSH (DEPENDS HOW DARK PEACHY TO USE ON UR SKIN TONE), IF UR A LIP LINER PERSON TRY A LIGHT BROWN LIKE (MAC LIP PENCIL=WHIRL OR OAK) AND A BEIGH ( LIP COLOR) AND A GLOSS (COLOR LIGHT BEIGH SHIMMER ) IF YOU NEED COLOR NAMES AND SPECIFICS LET ME KNOW. IM LOCATED IN VEGAS NOT SURE IF YOUR IN MY AREA BUT I wouldn't MIND HELPING YOU R SHOWING YOU DIFFRENT WAYS TO USE THE COLORS. FOR YOUR HAIR I THINK A NATURAL WAVY OR LOOSE BARREL CURLS. VOLUME IT UP AND SHAKE IT AND GO... HOPE THIS HELPS GOOD LUCK

1|0
    0|0
  • Updo to show off your earrings. And a nude lip color.

1|0
    0|0
  • wear your hair down you should wear either Nude or red or pink

1|0
    0|0
  • Wear your hair casual and down. Gold is a good choice and maybe just a tinted gloss

1|0
    0|0
  • deep red gloss with hair combed over shoulder. add a gold chocker to show off

1|0
    0|0
  • pinky nude lip, hair down

1|0
    0|0
  • pinky nude or beige.

down in curls

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes