Am I too short and not busty enough to model?

I have done a few shoots for some local businesses in my home town, and things have gone really well. I'm about 5'1 and a half and my boobs are c cups, and I was told by another person that I'm not tall enough or busty enough to model for an actual career.. Is that true?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There's more than just fashion and runway modeling that have less height and body type restrictions. Best wishes if you pursue, I actually hated modeling in NYC and quit last fall. I'm too simple and missed home.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah that's way too short for mainstream modelling. Agencies barely consider 5'7" girls. Minimum is usually 5'8". Sometimes they make exceptions for girls who are shorter but their proportions make them look tall in photographs. But you did mention you're busty so that likely takes away.
    You can always use model mayhem and model for photographers who are trying to expand their portfolios and continue shooting for locals. But as a professional career I honestly doubt it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• For mainstream modeling, I wouldn't think that your bust size would affect much of anything, but the industry (hate it or love it) is definitely slanted towards women taller than you are. That's not to say that you won't be able to find frequent work, but women in the 5'7" - 5'11" range have an easier time getting booked.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you mean conventional modelling where you work for agency, they generally want girls who are 5'8"-5'11" and thin. Often with A cups.

If you're getting local work, enjoy and keep it up.

0|0
    0|0
  • 5'1 is a little short for wanting to be a model, yes

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe not a runway model but u could still be a diff type of model for photoshoots if ur cute tho

1|0
    0|0
  • I think your height will be a factor as far as runway modeling. See if you can model while using other parts of your body.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you gotten this response from an actual agency?

0|0
    0|0
  • there are many different models with different body types so that doesn't matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • sound perfect to me

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• The best chance youd have is Instagram modeling. Real models start at like 5'8 and thats on the short end. Models on runways are usually 5-10-6'1 and their chest isn't as big. Their bodies are very slender and proportionate.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5'2, so i feel ya haha but i don't think any agency thats not just trying to steal your money, would really be interested. They look for above average heighted girls let alone average height. They def wouldn't go for a short girl

0|0
    0|0
  • There's many types of modeling. You may not qualify for runway modeling, but you would be perfect for commercial modeling. I'm about 5'6 135-140 pounds and I've always been interested in modeling. I hope I start soon. Message me if you have any questions!

0|0
    0|0
  • Model career? ure too short (i should know im 5'2 ish) and to make it big, u have to be a certain height (which sucks) ure boobs are fine though, but better hope they dont get bigger

0|0
    0|0
  • there are different types of models not just the super tall sexy kind so yes you can be

0|0
    0|0
  • Too short for a runway model but you can still do print work :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a height requirement when it comes to modeling of maybe starting at 5'7-5'8

0|0
    0|0
  • You're not tall enough for any. But depending on where you want to model, you might be too busty.

0|0
    0|0
  • C cups are plenty big enough. I'm sure you could, but maybe especially for petite clothing

0|0
    0|0
  • Models that I've seen never have boobs. They are tall though. I think 5 8 and up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes