Is 4'9 overly short for a 14 years old girl?

I am the shortest girl in my class and many 13 years old are taller than me. I don't really care about all of the fun that some make of my height but I would really like to know if I can expect to grow any higher or if this is about my final height.

314

Most Helpful Guy

• If you've had your period, it's unlikely that you'll grow more than an additional two or three inches.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I've had my first period when I was 12, almost 13.

• You're probably done growing. The hormone surge that comes with puberty for girls closes the ends of the long bones, called the epiphysis. At that point you pretty much stop growing.

Most Helpful Girl

• My best friend is 14. She finally is 4"10. I don't find her shortness uncommon because about half of my grade is short. Just remember: God only lets things grow until they're perfect.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE