Is 4'9 overly short for a 14 years old girl?

I am the shortest girl in my class and many 13 years old are taller than me. I don't really care about all of the fun that some make of my height but I would really like to know if I can expect to grow any higher or if this is about my final height.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you've had your period, it's unlikely that you'll grow more than an additional two or three inches.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I've had my first period when I was 12, almost 13.

• You're probably done growing. The hormone surge that comes with puberty for girls closes the ends of the long bones, called the epiphysis. At that point you pretty much stop growing.

Most Helpful Girl

• My best friend is 14. She finally is 4"10. I don't find her shortness uncommon because about half of my grade is short. Just remember: God only lets things grow until they're perfect.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• you don't stop growing until you you are in pre adult hood. heck most of your brain is not delopvent until you are 21 years olds. plus you might have rare condition where people don't have a growth spurt. don't be jealous of the other. be happy who you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • You'll be fine, you probably haven't hit a growth spirt yet. You could easily grow another 3-4 inches. Plus don't worry about it, it's nothing you can control, therefore there's no reason to worry about it. Just give it time.

0|0
    0|0
  • so what? it doesn't matter. you are a healthy human being that is what matters.

1|0
    0|0
  • No idea about that but you might grow a couple of inches or something till 18 😶

1|0
    0|0
  • You'll grow some more😉
    I'm 15 and I'm 5'8" I may still grow 😊
    by the way short girls are more attractive❤️
    ALL THE BEST

0|0
    0|0
  • Short girls are Apex. They're always the most feminine and beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • hey i was 4,11 when i was 13 now in one year im 5,9 or taller

0|0
    0|0
    • But you're a boy, I don't think girls grow at the same rate.

• That's pretty much a midget

0|0
    0|0
  • hey you can increase your height

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe, maybe not. how tall are your parents?

0|0
    0|0
    • My dad is 5'10". I don't know about my mother.

• yeah, kinda, but, girls your height, can still get married/engaged, bf's. while my friends fiance, who was 4'10", cheated on him. they were engaged. so, as long as you wind up not cheating on your man, you should be fine. all heights can find love

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm pretty sure about that, I have a boyfriend.

• Show All
    • lol why?

• why not

• it's depends with your hormone, if you have your periods started then yes otherwise no

0|0
    0|0
  • You have until you are 15 most likely to grow tall. Most of my 5th graders are taller than you though and they range from 10 to 11 years old. It is okay though, smaller girls are good too.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• i don't think that is short

1|0
    0|0
  • I think so, I was 5'5 at 14 and was average.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes