Why do people act like thin shaming is acceptable?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's the same reason racism against Caucasians is acceptable. If a group of people is considered inherently better off than another, it's OK to bring them down a peg. (sarcasm)

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• People are just stupid and don't understand that shitting on people doesn't do anything effectively positive.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• they don't act like it, they just don't give af lol.

0|0
    0|0
    • This ^

People aren't joining some kind of movement, they are just being individuals who are expressing opinions. If someone says that a girl looks too skinny then that's their opinion. Same as if someone thinks someone else is too fat. I don't see the media making a big deal about thin people, fat people get far more scrutiny.

• it IS

0|0
    2|1
    • This person is a jerk.

• Show All
    • So a doughnut is just like what we ate when there were knights?
      And it looks like you're just trying to argue.

• No you're just a chauvinist who won't accept he oppresses women.

• Because of the freedom of speech

0|0
    2|0
    • The freedom of speech isn't the answer to everything

• Well it answered this question. "Why do people think its okay?" Uhm because they have a right to their own opinion and can express it. You girls can get mad as you want but its a fact haha

• Fucking fat Americans

1|0
    0|0
  • They are jealous.

0|0
    0|0
    • Or maybe they're surrounded by a bunch of fat people in their lives.

• Show All
    • He's just going to ask you for noodies now lmao

• Ew no.

• People are just jerks

1|0
    0|0
  • It is

0|0
    1|0
  • Any shaming is unacceptable..

0|0
    0|1
  • what actually u mean by that?

0|0
    0|0
    • When people tell a person they are too skinny and look anorexic when they actually have a normal BMI

• Show All
    • the guy has to hav 6 packs abs, look like beast and also a charming, and girls has to hav cute smile big boobs etc, bt

• there is always a but

What Girls Said 5

• I hate it, people wouldn't dream of saying someone is fat so why should it be acceptable the other way around. There is a girl at work who is trying so hard to put weight on, just as hard as losing it x

0|0
    0|0
  • being thin is what everyone want to so they're jealous of them and don't defend them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they get in trouble for fat shaming, I personally think that body shaming is pathetic

1|0
    0|0
  • why do people act like any body shaming is acceptable?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't consider that to be acceptable.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes