Do You Feel More Inclined to Help A Beautiful Person?

Do You Feel More Inclined to Help A Beautiful Person?Let's get into the more brutal side to humanity.

This question goes towards our selfishness, and possibly our lust. You see a person, either male or female, in need. The situation they are in is not life threatening, but they need assistance. You can help and give some good advice to them, and you also can't help but notice they look incredibly good physically. Surely you have lived life a little bit, and have been in that predicament before. How far were you willing to help them? How much effort and concern did you have?

Let's take the same situation but change it up just a little bit. The person this time is not good looking, in fact they are unattractive. They do not smell, they just simply look bad. Comparing how you helped the beautiful person, was your effort equal to the effort here with this person? Did you find yourself not as willing, or maybe even trying to get away from them?

I ask because I may see attractive women in need of help, and they get help alright...A lot.
However, the girls or guys that were not that attractive end up running around the place looking for assistance.

I think it has to do with something psychological in us for this behavior. Do you have any input on this?

52

Most Helpful Girl

• I will try to help anyone in need , regardless of their appearance, but i wouldn't automatically go to help a good-looking person first

I am the sort of person who will go out of my way to help lowly humble people, those who are downtrodden , and seem to be the outcast in society.

If two people were in the same situation , and one was
    good-looking and the other one not so attractive, i'd way up who seemed more in need and more vulnerable... then help that person first. Their appearance wouldn't be a factor in determining who i helped first

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure if I personally would, but it's clearly rather common.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE