Girls, What kind of YouTube Beauty/MUA channel would you subscribe to?

I want to start a beauty channel on YouTube, but I'm not sure about the general theme or feel I want it to have. The type of makeup I would do would probably range from everyday makeup, to special event and darker looks. Any suggestions for other video themes or ideas would be appreciated!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I really enjoy those with a good sense of humour and honest reviews like GlamandGore or Tati. I also like hauls and lookbooks. Tell us your channel name so we can support!

3|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I just made it, so it's nowhere near ready. But here you go lol :)

www. youtube. com/channel/UCcmHhu20lunwrobb13FyKoA

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 20

• I really like ones thay are inspired by different/odd things.

Like if i did one based off General Hux I would use cut crease, very pointed and angular eyeliner, cool tones, maybe a hint of blue or orange..

But other inpirations like Starry Night, or a movie or character or landscape.

Taking the color pallet. Determining if its a messy or neat look.

Thag kinda stuff.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not sure, but those are good ideas so far. Maybe try to do film looks, like makeup inspired by some movie characters. A lot of younger people (teens) won't really get the references probably lol but lots of older people will love the looks. I would definitely subscribe to you by the way <3

1|0
    0|0
  • YouTube is just saturated with these kinds of videos now so try and have something different to offer people.

1|0
    0|0
    • Exactly why I'm asking this, I love makeup but I want to do something a little different. Maybe a different social network?

• Show All
    • lmfaooo you're 27! i feel though

• Yeah I feel really old around younger people though 😒 Lol. It's annoying.

• Also, test the latest trends of beauty. For instances, the hair styles back in style. Also, the hairstyles that aren't in style. To the latest makeup trends. Also, give makeup overs to your friends and family members to show your skills. Also, review products that you use everyday. To show what you like and don't like about them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Recently I've been loving watching Youtubers that show designer accessories and high end or high street fashion. I watch Lydia Elise Millen's and Sophie Shohet's Youtube channels, they're my favorite atm. They've made me love luxury even more. Lydia has taught me to have quality over quantity. It's better to have a few statement or designer pieces that I could make a big wear of instead of having a lot of very affordable cheap looking items. As for Sophie, what I like about her channel is she also includes things apart from fashion and beauty, which are quite useful and interesting. She includes business, money making topics, achieving goals, and luxury car reviews. For instance she would tell us how she affords designer bags and re sells them afterwards. I'm not big at makeup. I prefer Youtube channels that show more fashion content over makeup tutorials, like Evelina Barry's channel. I don't like to wear a lot of makeup as long as the makeup has good coverage and pigmentation, I'm good. When it comes to makeup, I'm not a cheap girl. I like to invest on good makeup. I like to watch Tati's channel for makeup and other beauty product reviews that are usually on the higher price range. In a nutshell, I like to subscribe to what I call 'luxury' Youtubers, I like a big use of fashion content and high end beauty product reviews. That luxury and Voguesque appeal makes the channels I mentioned above a bit different from the rest of the fashion and beauty community on Youtube.

0|0
    0|0
  • something real, where it doesn't feel like you said it to yourself a bunch till it sounded good. real reactions and real thoughts, telling about the actual product nor just show it and move on. something for beginners almost where you can explain a technique and show it zoomed in for good training. non bias of the type of women who you want to watch.

0|0
    0|0
  • I enjoy Alisha Marie, Jackie wyers, and Laurin Curtis :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly there are already so many that it isn't original anymore. I keep to the oldies that I've been subscribed to and rarely subscribe to new ones so I can't say.

0|0
    0|0
  • Those that give actual tips and use rather unconventional ways of applying makeup and not just show you varying color combinations of basically the same looks - PONY Makeup, Lisa Eldridge, Wayne Goss, Karima McKimmie, and From Head to Toe.

Also those that do in depth product reviews or introduce and test out novel products - Tati, Tina Yong, and Zabrena, to name some.

I do watch those more chatty and funny ones too, but more for just entertainment. And I think there's already too many of those you might not stand out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Check out Tati-an AMAZING girl who does GORGEOUS and ON FLEEK make up videos and she reviews products that are good or nah and etc while being EXTREMELY honest with her opinion even if they are sponsored, she tells only the truth-if its bad, its bad. Gravey4rdgirl also is another youtuber that has really pretty blue eyes and is honest with her reviews and stuff and also tries out make up products/make up tutorials. You can also check out Jeffree Star/Manny MUA/Nikkie-these people are some of the more popular ones and also does reviews and makeup. Jeff has his own make up line too, so u can check it out too :)

1|0
    0|0
  • My favorite channels are Onision channels but the only beauty channel I'm subscribed to is Jeffree Star.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm black so I follow black MUA's. Jackie Aina. Tierra Walker, Vicky Logan, Aaliyah Jay... etc. They inspire me with the looks they come up with and they also help me come up with my own looks for the day.

I subscribed according to the MUA's that look the most like me, and the kind of looks they had as if I were to try it, it would reflect on myself. Not only that but I also look at the feel of their channels and what kind of videos they like. GRWM's are interesting and engaging and I've noticed they do seasonal looks as well like spring glow or graduation slay. I would assume people watch whatever would apply to them or looks really good

0|0
    0|0
  • If you do can you please help me? Is there any way to get rid of freckles? I feel like an ugly duckling.

0|0
    0|0
    • Awww hun, you really will change your mind on that. It's not a lie when I say this... freckles set you apart. I have freckles and I love the Summer months. They fade a little and people don't realize how many I have, even myself... and then Summer hits and they start showing and people comment "I didn't realize you had freckles! I love them!"

Makeup artists are actually trying to DRAW freckles on in some cases now.

• Show All
    • *SMILE* thanks Ash

• Hey, that one was her that time. See, I'm not the only one!

• me too!! i also want to do this as well. i love people like carli bybel and gemma isabella

0|0
    0|0
  • i used to be subscribed to andreas choice.
    bad choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Things about how to have a perfect skin and long healthy hair with natural and cheap product

0|0
    0|0
  • Farahdukhi, I think that's how u spell it, but yeah :)

0|0
    0|0
  • You should check out claire marshall on youtube if you want to watch beauty/vlogger content.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer Karlee Steel, Nicole Guerrero

0|0
    0|0
  • My one thing is that I wish they were shorter? Videos are often overly long

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes