A girl from Australia, moving to a private school in Tampa. How do you wear uniforms in america? -what type of school shoes and bag?

Updates:
I checked the site ages ago, they said closed toe shoes and the uniform is kind of gross: khaki skirt or shorts and a polo... I know here in au there are ways to twist the uniform into a cute style but i was just wondering if there are any don't-go-there's? like at my school its no tucking your shirt into your skirt, must have roc school shoes with heel, when wearing stocking make sure you wear dark socks over them etc.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly with a private school it'll depend on if that particular school has uniforms. Most public schools don't, can wear anything besides pajamas, or clothing that shows too much skin.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • The school I went to that had uniforms, we weren't allowed to wear brand name clothes. We had to hide the labels. Khaki or navy pants, shorts, skirts for girls. And white, blue, red, or black polos. Or button downs. Black jackets

Most Helpful Girl

• I go to public school so I wouldn't really know. But I want to say your going to want to find a way to do it while staying in dress code, so just don't violate those things and you will be good. Really though it is school specific, and some schools are stricter than others, so you are going to find out really when you start school.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Only some private schools have uniforms. And it's always below high school grade level. Usually Catholic schools but some others too. Same as in other countries except boys only wear pants - far as I know.

0|0
    0|0
  • I remember going to America few years ago, the woman working in the clothes shop was surprised we had to wear uniforms for school and she said in America everyone just wears casual clothes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Welcome to Florida. Land of oranges, disney and women in bikini. Enjoy your stay and enjoy our services.

0|0
    0|0
  • there usally isn't any but I'd recommend sneakers and a big backpack (like for example a hiking backpack)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• A private school will have their own uniform requirements, you should be contacting them directly for your supply list.
    The same as school here

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol no private school I have been to both in the states in Australia let you twist it into a cute style. Good luck with that

• Most schools do not require uniforms

0|0
    0|0
  • You would do best to check with the school. Most schools will allow trainers/athletic shoes, but some won't. Ballet flats and Penny Loafers are another good choice. Bags would be a typical back pack or a laptop bag of some sort.

0|0
    0|0
    • Dress your uniform up with cool jewelry and hair accessories.

Recommended myTakes