Why do people want white features?

Like skin, and facial features? Whats so great about being white?

184

Most Helpful Girl

• You are all wrong but entitled to your opinion. I love the way I look and wouldn't change for the world, but I wish my nose was smaller. Funny enough my dad has a roman nose and mom has a nob nose but mine is so wide and big. Black skin is beautiful to me but many people know that with whiter skin comes less prominent features which would be great for especially girls. Black hair is difficult but beautiful with work done to it, again inconvenient for girls. I think black men might not care much about how they look, they are men and tend to have great bodiesanyway. What I'm trying to say is, it's really the girls that are fussy about having less black features. As for me I won't be a hypocrite, I am not self hating but since I wish I had a smaller nose, I might be one of them, I want the rest of me to stay exactly the same though.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • This is exactly what im talking about. Its wrong for you to think like that.

• Alrighty then

• Good comment!

Most Helpful Guy

• Brainwashing by the mainstream media, started during the European Age of Colonialism centuries ago.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • My younger brother is into history, and I had discussion with about this. He said the same thing. Thats why countries like India and south Korea are obsessed with changing how they look to fit the white mantra.

What Girls Said 17

• influence of a white-dominated fashion industry and media. there's no other reason, because there are beautiful people of every "race".

• Here in America people are more comfortable with thin lips and straight hair. They are INCREDIBLY uncomfortable with ethnic features. They find thick lips, big butts and afro textured hair to be unkempt and socially unacceptable. The more "white" the ethnic people look the less threatening they are presumed to be. As the minority I have no real pull.

• But I think these days big butts and thick lips are in style because even many white women are getting cosmetic procedures to get bigger butts and lips. so ethnic feautures are considered attractive. Wish I had bigger lips/ass :((

• Now... Zoe Saldana goes completely unnoticed and accepted. Why? She looks and is built like your typical white woman. Mic Drop

• Lmao. You're on crack

• I know one thing, I used to be that way about who I dated but I won't be like that again. They just haven't met a perfect guy like you yet <3

• Society builds that crap up, putting one race over all others, which makes no sense because everyone is human and everyone is equal. Beauty has variety, it's in every race.

• What do you mean? Like they like people with light skin? Some people don't, not everyone likes white people. Everyone has their own preferences and standards

• i think it's bc of the beauty standards society sets for people... it's not necessarily about being great, but it seems "better" bc darker skin and non-white features are put down by the dominant society... it's pretty messed up...

• I thought everyone wants exotic features, hence big booty, big boobs, big lips, bushy eyebrows, tan.

• Privilege, beauty, media brainwashing... the list goes on and on.

• maybe it's not so great, but it's not nice to hear in school "hey ! you are different"

• that's what society portrays. in media celebrities have even lightened their skin.

• People associate whiteness with money.

• Ever heard of white privilege?

• That's bs I grew up dirt poor. an still am. . Truth is The color of your skin ant important , it's the size of your wallet. Two of my cousins are African American An my uncle is African American An they grew up An make more money than me.

• That's not true either I worked retail and I knew the people that worked security most of our theft in and around parts of Indy is actually conducted by white people and teenagers... I do encourage anyone who has an incident of decrimashion or sees it happening too report it it will be taken care of. But only if the right people know about it. it should never happen ... An it's best to talk to there corporate headquarters or a 3rd party like the better business bureau or eaven a lawyer.

• Again maybe that's what it is like where you live but I've seen it happen before. Not all places are the same. Just because it doesn't happen in your backyard doesn't mean it doesn't happen anywhere else.

• Society

• It Africa its very trendy to have lighter skin

• It's not glorious... I am fucking wonder bread white lol. And a ginger... I also have sun sensitivity. the sun can give me 3 degree burns.. I have scars from it... worse yet my nerves are hypersensitive so I can feel my skin burn in the sun it can be unbearable.. if the uv is 2 I can get first or second degree burns in a hour or less depending on cloud cover. I love being outside but so often I just can't be. I wish i could tan or be tan :/ ...

• Ultimately it's racism/colorism. Whites suffer less discrimination.

• I don't want white features I am Mexican and I am super pale and as a kid I had ash blonde hair. Really stinks because I get ignored by my people

What Guys Said 3

• First of the no human color is white. Caucasian people are beige.

But to answer your question is because the Caucasian man owns basically all forms of media and promotes his race as beautiful and desireres and people with low self esteem and that dislike themselves fall prey and are brainswashed to think Caucasian features and skin tone is superior; therefore they desire to appear to what is acceptable glorified as "Beautiful"

• Racism is rife. The USA is governed and controlled by the WASP class. They control all types of media, so they set what agenda is seen as in their best interests. Divisiveness is the easiest method of control.
    It wasn't so long ago that a race of white people were depicted as having ape like features, and totally lacking in intelligence. Those people are the Irish. In the 50s and 60s signs on boarding houses in England, offering accommodation, stated, No Dogs, No Blacks, No Irish.
    White people's features are considered to be the ideal, or so we are lead to believe. It keeps them in No.1 position.
    It's all a load of bollix, there is beauty in all people, regardless of race of colour.

• White power.