Do you think it's gross if a woman has arm hair?

Like if it's dark and she has a lot of it for a girl? Do you think women with obvious arm hair should remove it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Gross isn't the right word, but I'd prefer if she hadn't. It's a psychological thing doh. Hair on an arm is associated with a man, so if you have it as a woman... . Talking pure psychological here and honest with respect to a woman who has this.

Perhaps another thing men think (but can't help it, and I know it's shallow as hell but it's the truth):
    In a man's eyes it's like you are not taking care of yourself and you are damaging his reputation as wel towards the outside world because you are his trophy, he want's to be proud that you are his towards his friends. It's sounds like objectification of a woman and in some form it is, but it doesn't make it less true (that men do think/experience this)

Does it effect the love a man feels for his woman? No, i don't think so. It's more like: keeping up appearences (which in life is sometimes important however).

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I mean, the weird thing is shaving that hair isn't "normal", so it's kind of weird to think of her not taking care of herself by not shaving it? Like, I feel like it would look weird if she has no arm hair too, cuz most women don't shave that.

• Show All
    • Just to be clear, I'm trying to give a most objective point of view via psychological analyses. This is not my own opinion doh :)

• Yeah I get it. It's just weird to me because I was like, finishing up college, before anyone even mentioned that shaving arm hair was a thing some women did. It's not like leg or pit hair where it's just expected.

Most Helpful Girl

• it's not pretty, my friend trims it with her bfs beard trimmer and sprays peroxide every a few days to lighten the hair
    says she doesn't shave bc it gets prickly and also some arm air is tot natural

0|1
    1|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• I might be the exception here, but I find it attractive. I don't know why, I just do. When I see arm hair or any body hair on an attractive woman I'm like "dat cool".

But if it's bushy and thick then yes that's gross but if it's fine hair and it's short, then that's good. Although I seem to be a minority on that.

0|0
    1|0
  • unfournatley dark hair is the issue... and yea it can be a little eeekk
    and fourtunatley for blonde hair girls... and I've seen so many of them, they have all kinds of hair... like bushy arms, legs full... but they leave it

and it's interesting because it actually doesn't look bad... I guess it's really the darkness that makes it look meh

0|0
    1|0
  • All girls have some hair but if its dark its unfortunately obvious. As long as its short and trimmed its fine

0|0
    1|0
    • How would you trim it or keep it short? Like, it's not like head hair you can just cut, you pretty much have to either shave it every day or leave it.

• Well if you feel like its very obvious you can shave it everyday. It depends how fast it grows.

• Some women with lighter colored hair can get away with it. If you dark hare and don't shave the arms the only thing I can think of when I look at it is werewolf

0|0
    1|0
  • I will be honest, I prefer hair on a woman's head, I am not so much a fan of it anywhere else.

0|1
    1|0
  • Some have more hair than others. So what.
    No, leave it alone. The least of your worries.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really care at all as long as she doesn't have like too much of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • A woman should only have hair on her head. If she wants to shave her head too I'm even okay with that.

0|0
    0|1
  • The answers here just convinced me of growing my beard.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the hair is faint then it's not an issue but if she has a lot of hair it's gross

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, keep it clean.

0|1
    1|0
    • What counts as "clean"?

• Show All
    • clean shaven, it's just easier to maintain and looks better.

• Easier to maintain by leaving it... Instead of getting rashes, burns, blackheads :-/ ... it only looks good on television but real life it doesn't...

• I dont like it at all.

0|1
    1|0
  • Yes to me it's a turn off

0|1
    1|0
  • No because human beings have hair 😊

1|1
    0|2
  • Totally gross shave it

0|0
    0|0
  • tes.

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't. Everyone has them. But I'm not gonna lie though, if a woman has VERY long and unkempt arm hair it might turn me off a little. Not because it's gross but it makes me think that maybe she doesn't really care about her personal hygiene/image.

0|0
    0|0
    • The hygiene thing is kind of weird to me. Like, most women don't shave that hair, so I feel like it would look a little weird if a woman doesn't have any hair there either.

• a little bit but it's a very small matter and holds very little importance and I would not make a decision based on it.

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 5

• I personally don't think it's attractive , and I think a lot of people have the same opinion as I do... because we're taught it's gross

0|1
    1|0
  • omg yes it really gross, women should shave and that's that

0|1
    0|0
  • Hair is natural so I like it ♥ :-)

0|0
    0|0
    • I read the comments and I'm sorry to say all these men are losers and shouldn't be with women if they can't deal with body hair. All women have body hair. We are mammals not reptiles... *-*

• I don't find it good

0|1
    0|0
  • I think people should mind their own business when it comes to other people's body hair. And everyone should have their hair how they want.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes