Are skirts and dresses, actually feminine?

skirts were originally worn by men. so were heels. but, women came along and feminized them, so, now men don't wear them, or well, at least not the ones women wear (kilts exist but, im not from Ireland and scotland).. anyway, i was just looking at a girls pics of her in her skirts and dresses... it made me think, are they REALLY feminine. im not really sure...

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes they are feminine. But i never been a girly girl. I like shorts and jeans.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Only if you go along with social paradigms in a culture that doesn't accept men wearing 'Kilts' or Tunics. It's just cloth, and so it is cut a little different?
    I think any man that is confident in his own sense of self, and his sexuality, wouldn't have a problem wearing a skirt, or dress.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Strictly feminine? It really depends on society. In the west, they are generally only acceptable on women.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes the are feminine, there's no denying that at all. I would be weirded out to see a guy in a dress or skirt but each to their own I guess

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see them as strictly feminine.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• I dont think they are feminine, but guys would not were it anymore, because everybody think its girls stuff. I can't imagine how to would be if we would were it and you girls not. Maybe about a few years it would be normal

0|0
    0|0
  • It is more on the lines of sexually appealing and females of any age are deemed to supposed to be more appealing than males of any age.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they are

0|0
    0|0
  • As of right now yes, but it's hard to say how culture will change.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes