How old do you think a person has to be to get their ears pierced?

I was six but people say that was way to young what do you think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What ever age they can solve this math problem in there head *If you walk 8 meter in a straight line then turned 90 degrees and walked 6 more meters how far are you from where you started*

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its fine as early as 2 months. Just don't get it done with a gun. Causes way to much damage

0|0
    0|0
    • I got it done with a gun it was fine and quicker

• @gryfindorgirl The difference is that a gun forcefully rams the earring posts through the earlobe, while a professional piercer may be more deliberate in creating the puncture, so there's a difference in the degree of trauma sustained by the surrounding tissue.
      While it may have been fine for you, it is better to get it done by a professional

• i got it done at Claires

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

What Girls Said 16

• Mostly babies get their ears pierced... I say when the kid can choose - maybe 2 or 3...

0|0
    0|0
  • I would let my daughter get her ears pierced at may be 12 the youngest. It hurts and they've got to be old enough to care for the piercings. I was 11 the first time, didn't care for them like I was supposed to so they got infected so I let them heal up then I had them pierced again when I was 13.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was definitely under tn years old when I had mine done, I think somewhere between six and eight most likely but I do believe I was too young. I probably wouldn't let my kid do it until they were like at least eleven, preferably thirteen.

0|0
    0|0
  • For the lobes, I don't think there is an appropriate age. I see the lobe piercing as something that almost all the girls get whether by tradition or w. e

So any age is fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whenever really. I got mine pierced around that age, and my sisters got theirs pierced when they were babies. it doesn't matter

0|0
    0|0
  • I got mine pierced when I was 4.. I don't even remember it but it was my mom's idea and I didn't care

0|0
    0|0
  • I was 6 ... Months. Kept them on till I was 22 or so. Then spent couple years without. New boyfriend gave me earrings so I repierced.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had mine pierced when I was a baby. I like it that way because I don't remember the pain.

0|0
    0|0
  • if it's for a regular lobe piercing I think any age is fine. some parents even get it for their kids or babies at like 1 year.

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah but most wait til like 13 or 16

• Yeah agreed.

• Actually it's better if it's done at the age of 1/2 bcoz it is easy and not that painful and also it heals faster. Whereas if older age is considered then it's hard and more painful. At least in here at my place mostly finish it at 1/2 years of age.

• I think the age at which a child starts school so about age 4 is reasonable.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents told me my sister and I had to wait until we were 12.

0|0
    0|0
  • Got mine pierced when I was 1-2 years old :)

0|0
    0|1
  • i was 5/6

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say like 11 or 12?

0|0
    0|0
  • i had mine done when i was like 3, i guess when you are younger it'll be your parents preference and then if they decided not to do it, when you get older it's your own choice. i don't think there's such thing as too young or too old for standard ear piercings

0|0
    0|0
  • 6 is a little young because a 6 year old may not know how to care for their ears.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes