Is it true that you are not supposed to discuss fashion with a therapist?

So I am a transgendered girl male to female and I am seeking therapy. I have no female friends and so I don't have anyone to talk to about things and so sometimes when I am in my therapy sessions I tried talking about fashion with my therapist but she seems to keep changing the subject. I am trying to transition and I am trying to get the help that I need to dress nicely and do my makeup. I heard from someone that I am not supposed to talk to her about fashion. Is that true? If I can't talk to her about fashion, where can I go to talk about fashion?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Go to fashion blogs. There are so many of them out there! Or grab some friends.

Traditionally, you don't talk about impersonal topics with therapists. You talk about issues that bother you, primarily emotional and psychological. Yes, fashion might be important to you, but if it's not an issue in your life, then there's no real point to going to a therapist.

To me, it seems like you're using the therapist as a paid soundboard.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know, in my experience you are supposed to talk about anything you want with your therapist, especially if it's related to the issue you're trying to solve. in my opinion it would be better for you to go with another therapist or to find someone who can talk about fashion with you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes