Is it true that you are not supposed to discuss fashion with a therapist?

So I am a transgendered girl male to female and I am seeking therapy. I have no female friends and so I don't have anyone to talk to about things and so sometimes when I am in my therapy sessions I tried talking about fashion with my therapist but she seems to keep changing the subject. I am trying to transition and I am trying to get the help that I need to dress nicely and do my makeup. I heard from someone that I am not supposed to talk to her about fashion. Is that true? If I can't talk to her about fashion, where can I go to talk about fashion?

11