Why do people on the internet act like being thin is such a flaw?

Just because thin women are beautiful, that doesn't mean all you overweight girls need to start hating on thin girls and calling them anorexic, unhealthy, and underweight. Everywhere on the internet, people are calling normally thin girls disgusting and "in need of meat on their bones." I think it's so ridiculous that people don't know the difference between being thin and being underweight.

Thin:
Underweight:

There's nothing wrong with being a little thin for fuck's sake! I'm pretty thin myself and when I'm 35, I'm still going to be thin when everyone else is chubby! I don't feel the need to change myself just because I'm not chubby like the rest of you.

All of you thin shamers... stop eating McDonald's and start working out if you want to be thin. lol

START learning the difference! xoxoxoxo
ALL sizes are BEAUTIFUL as long as it looks HEALTHY.

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they want us to feel bad for not hating and disrespecting our bodies. Eat healthy and keep fit, it will make you happier.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• I agree. They want to convince us how they are plus size and beautiful while in reality they are not plus size. They're dying.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stUvK6YLvOs&t=23s

1|0
    0|0
    • Overweight is not attractive because it's not healthy. This stupid "Body Positivity" movement just tries to bring shame to thinner people.

• Lol 'body positive' is just fat people making excuses. A few years ago it was about 'embracing the curves'. Jeeez!

• Not as long as it 'looks' healthy, you mean as long as it is 'healthy' lol

being thin and slim are two different things... skinny is not that great... slim is ok because she has a nice ratio of skin, to fat, to muscle... skinny is just skin and bones... meh lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I LOVE thin girls. Here's another great example showing just how good thin looks!😀

1|0
    0|0
    • Holy shit. I have a similar looking dress as that girl in the pic

• Show All
    • It's not me lol.

• I wonder if the actual girl knows her pic is being shared around the world... She'd see a lot of love for that side profile!

• Because they are stupid and gullibly susceptible to liberal paranoia. ... and I am a liberal.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh shit, what was the last thing? Draugr, Skeleton?

1|1
    0|0
  • as long as women don't look like the person in the second picture I dont see a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • But thats too thin almost anorexic... I've not eaten on McDonald's for 8 years... It's disgusting there..

0|0
    0|0
  • People like to point out things in others because of their own insecurity

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's better than being overweight 😂 lol

1|0
    0|0
  • 😂😂😂😂!

0|0
    1|0
  • kinda agree

0|0
    0|0
  • Where the fuck did you hear that?

0|0
    0|0
  • you look so beautiful love

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• "ALL sizes are BEAUTIFUL as long as it looks HEALTHY." Um, you can't necessarily tell if someone is thin and healthy or thin and underweight or as you say, chubby and unhealthy, or chubby and healthy. There are Olympians who for their size and frame are considered by looks and certain measurements like BMI, to be obese or unhealthy, but in actuality they are very healthy. Your statement is part of the very problem you're actually railing against.

You even go on to say, "thin shamers... stop eating McDonald's and start working out if you want to be thin." This is the equivalent of them saying, "go eat a burger," to you that you are upset with. Two wrongs don't make a right. If you want someone to stop doing something to you, you can't then do the same thing to them and expect they'll change or listen to you. It's hypocritical. If we want to live in a world where body positivity is a thing for all, no matter the size, then one should actually encourage just that.

2|0
    0|0
    • I meant "as long as IT IS healthy"

Body positivity is a joke. It makes severely overweight people acceptable when they are actually just disgusting and unhealthy.

• Show All
    • I'd tell someone like this to take care of their life rn:
      st.depositphotos.com/.../...ight-woman-possing.jpg

• I am the absolute last person who would ever argue with encouraging someone who is living in an unhealthy lifestyle to continue doing so. I love to promote healthful eating and exercise, HOWEVER, as you have done in your comments, I don't call people disgusting. How encouraged to change would you be if someone called you disgusting. Your complaint here is that people should respect your body, but you're disrespecting others by calling them disgusting as opposed to simply encouraging good health, which I have no problems with.

• Wow. You're kind of full of yourself it seems. Although I agree.

2|0
    0|0
  • So you're saying it's alright to fat shame and not thin shame? I figure everyone has their own "normal" so why shame anybody!

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not fat shaming anybody. It's usually these thin shamers that are so jealous and butthurt.

• I think people should back off, no need to make fun of anyone whether they're heavy or thin. I see what you're saying

• Being thin is not a flaw. Maybe they're just jealous.

1|0
    0|0
  • Go watch Onision, that guy disses skinny girls all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find underweight and skinny people of both genders just as attractive as the athletic ones and the curvy/normal ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree. I just want people to be healthy.

1|0
    0|0
  • women tend to be more body positive actually...

0|0
    0|0
  • Them girls are too skinny

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes