Why don't you have a picture of yourself as your profile picture?

Why don't you have a picture of yourself as your profile picture? That's me! Taken about an hour ago ^

I feel like for most it's because you're insecure on how you look.. Well, might as well accept that face of yours and move on.. Because most people won't be getting plastic surgery in their lives.. Basically- it's cool.. If you don't want the world to judge ya.. It's too bad.. Because the world is full of stupid and obnoxious people.. So if you want, go show off yourself! There's really only one of you.. Unless you've got an identical twin lmao. For me, I took my personal pic down because I was tired of getting flirted with 🙊 Might put it back up soon just because.. But yeah.. I've always found it somewhat annoying that tons of guys will swarm me online but nobody talks to me in person lol. Ah whatever.. It's life *shrugs* no point in ignoring it really. Just gotta go with the flow.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I do have a picture of myself up as my profile picture. Result? Everyone either steers clear or tells me time and time again how ugly I am. I still keep it up though, because I've given up on anyone ever being able to accept my face or like the way I look. Like you said, "It's life *shrugs*"; no getting past it really. Just gotta accept it, man up and get over it.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah I getcha. Nice that you shrug it off. People are jerks- they really are. And they're especially extra petty on the Internet. But nice nice.. I have a respect for that

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I'm just lazy to take pictures of myself.

To compensate for that, I always make sure I'm included in group pictures. They get uploaded on social media by my friends, so it saves the time,
    for me. 😊

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• I like your picture your very nice looking and I will put a pic of me up as soon as I can figure out the settings on my phone lol can't guarantee anything that people will like but I say to each their own judge not of another person but enjoy the ride we all know as life

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol thanks.

Yeah nice nice. Haha yeah if you just like around you'll figure it out eventually. 👌🏼

• Show All
    • Oh yup ya changed it I see now. Nice nice 👌🏼
      And thanks lol even if you can't really see me haha

• I can see you okay I like your picture too and you're very welcome you made me think about it and I thought you were right so I put a picture of that you could actually see me I wouldn't mind seeing you close up to maybe someday you'll never know

• I'm not insecure on how I look, i'm cute af.
    I just want to keep my Gag life separate from my real life. I like remaining anonymous. i'm also terrified someone i know is gonna find me on this site

1|1
    0|0
    • Lol cute af? Idek that just made me laugh 😂 You're so spunky haha. But yeah that's relatable tbh seems like a lot of people are thinking that also

• Not everybody wants to be easily recognized on this website, in case friends/family/loved ones come across it. People share personal stuff on here and want another anonymity layer.

0|2
    0|0
    • Yeah I suppose that's true. It's kinda funny though.. I've been on the lookout for anyone I know on here and have yet to find one.. I have a friend who made an account after I told her about this website but other than that nope. I feel ya though.. There's always that small fear kinda

• I do have a pic of myself I don't see any reason to hide

I understand though that it can be annoying for girls

1|1
    0|0
  • If it makes you feel any better, this is me, and I only take full body photos. No insecurities here.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't have it up because I was paranoid that someone I know in real life would see md here haha, now I just don't care. I've moticed that ever since I put my profile pic up I've been getting random girls following me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lmaoo. Yeah I feel ya. And honestly, while GAG has a lot of users, compared to other websites it really isn't that big at all. So yeah, people are nervous about someone they know seeing their profile, but honestly, that's not very likely to happen.. But yeee lol

• Mainly because I had an old account on here and I didn't want anyone to know I came back. I think I may put my pic up at some point lol

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh gotcha gotcha. I'm sure if you used a different pic people wouldn't remember

• Haha yeah maybe, maybe not.

• because people especially girls on here dont take my opinions seriously and judge me harshly and treat me like a joke just because im not some hot guy. or some experienced player that gets any girlfriend every minute. it be nice if i got flirted with a lot of girls here. i dont get why anyone would be tired of it.

0|0
    0|0
    • No offense, but your typical guy goes about flirting pretty creepily.. And I'm especially not interested in all the 30 year olds I typically attract lol. So yes, when it's creepy pervy old guy I get tired of it.

I suppose there's that human touch element as well.. Yeah I getcha

• @ebbyeb you look cute, I like your smile by the way. Some people do not put their pictures because of political correctness. Some people don't because they want to be honest and not to get fired from their job at the same time. Some people don't because they don't want their love ones to discover how they feel or what they have done. Some don't because they simply too shy. I do post my picture because I want to.

0|0
    0|0
  • but it is me Scott Summers... jk
    I dont know i never felt like putting my pic and no iam not insecure about my looks or anything, actually iam pretty satisfied with my face.
    I dont see the point of putting it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I getcha.. I suppose it gives your comments a more personal touch in a way? It makes what you say seem more "human" kinda? I don't know I've always found it interesting to see that kinda stuff

• U be u. I only share with those I talk to privately. I did notice that someone copied my avatar. I'll have to flip the pic or define a new one to stay unique.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I getcha. Lol darn! I think I noticed that too actually huh okay. Yes of course.. Maybe get some kinda drawing app and draw something on it.

• I do, that really is me you see in that little circley thing just to the left of this. I know, Who knew. Ugly ain't I?

0|0
    0|0
  • thats quite a logic you have there. no flaws at all

0|0
    0|0
  • I had a real photo for a while. At some point I desired greater privacy so I replaced it. ✌️

0|0
    0|0
  • Cmon don't judge people. If people are insecure don't make them feel bad.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I hate that people are so judgmental.

• Show All
    • Alright good to know you had good intentions

• Haha yeah I might've worded it a bit harshly but yes the intentions were meant to be inspirational and motivational.. I'm rarely mean

• for me I'm insecure I have been for awhile so I made this little avatar thing that describes me lol

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha nice nice! Better to show your personality creatively than using a default photo at least. Also isn't that a FaceQ?

• it's been awhile since I made it but that's probably what it is lol

• Haha gotcha gotcha. I used to play around on that app all the time lmaoo

• Sometimes I'll put a picture of myself up. It's just that I don't have too many to choose from.

0|0
    0|0
    • Gotcha gotcha. I sometimes ask friends to take photos for me and it's fun. We'll have a photoshoot 😂

• cute hard to believe what I read

0|0
    2|0
  • Like @TheLuckyPizzaDog, this is me, lol

0|0
    1|0
  • this is me. knight's armor :P

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• Because when I put my real picture up on another site I got all kinds of pervy messages and email that it creeped me out and scared me bad enough that I'm not doing it again! My guy also prefers that I not, for that same reason; he was there to help me sort things out. I'd made the mistake of allowing access to my email on the other forum, I got all sorts of icky stuff in email! Sorry if you don't like the "Cartoon Sammy Girl" but that's as close as I'm ever getting to that again.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah that's understandable though. Yeesh sounds like a complete mess.. And yeah it'd probably be a similar situation on GAG actually.. So I getcha

• It makes me more confident to be honest with my opinions. Last thing I need is co-workers finding some of the opinions I gave.

0|2
    0|0
    • Exactly! Not everyone wants to be traced on this website. Anonymity means we can answer more honestly. :-D

• I suppose that's a good point lol. Honesty is always the best route to take in almost every situation tbh.. Lol

• It would feel too much like a dating site. I'm only here to kill my boredom.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't want anyone I know to find out it's me, it ain't none of their business! And I just don't want people to know what I look like quite frankly

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I get what you mean. That's understandable

• I do have my pic as my profile pic

0|1
    0|0
  • My picture is me. Idc TBH

0|1
    0|0
    • Haha yeah I feel yaa. I'm just starting to not really care.. I just really like that picture I had up for a couple weeks lmao I don't know why I just really liked it

• You look so beautiful with your blue eyes 😛

• @Osprey thanks

• I love my brother more

0|1
    0|0
  • most people feel better being anonymous

0|1
    0|0
    • There's an anonymous feature on this website.. If you come across a question without it you could simply not answer it. But I getcha

• This *is* a picture of me.

0|1
    0|0
  • This is really me tho

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes