Guys, do you think all or most women prefer really buff guys?

I and several women I've talked to, do not like really buff guys. We'd go for the skinny guy over a bulky weight lifter. I told a male friend about this and he was shocked. He felt insecure about his body and couldn't believe what I was saying. I wonder if this is similar to girls who assume all guys want women with big boobs and butts like Kim Kardashian. A lot of girls with just average bodies feel insecure because they can't live up to that, but I think it's unnecessary to aim for that.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• The vast majority of women who are themselves in average or better shape like men with -extremely- low body fat. They are somewhat divided as to whether they like really big guys, or only slightly big guys.

Neither physique is easy or in many cases possible for most guys without drugs or an extremely obsessive diet.

There is a subset of women who like skinny-fit guys.

But most women like guys who are -a little bit- jacked plus low body fat. They always say they don't like guys who are too big, which is true, but it's the equivalent of if men said they don't like huge breasts, they just like DD's.

0|0
    0|0
    • I and some of my female friends like the skinny to skinny fit guys. It just varies. I'm just trying to let guys know that they don't need to feel bad about themselves if they don't all look like weight lifters.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• No, I think women want men with a handsome face and an athletic, tall body. And yes, men who think most women want bodybuilders are being just as clueless as women who think most men want DD boobs and an ass like Kim K, that is actually a very good analogy!

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont Believe you honestly. Maybe girls dont mind if a guy is ripped or not but the more i work out the more girls are interested in talking to me, so i think deep down most girls would take a ripped dude over a really skinny or fat one. Same as with how most guys say a girl doesn't have to have a big boobs, most would prefer if she did.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well you don't have to believe me. I'd go for a cute skinny guy any day over some bulky quarterback and I don't have any female friends who go for the bulky guys. Sure there are some girls who go for the ripped look, but I'm just saying that guys don't need to feel that they're not good enough if they are not all ripped.

• But what if i am ripped? Am i not good enough then? Like you said, you don't know any girls who like that so i have to assume you're saying its bad to be muscular.

• I don't care what "most" women prefer because I'm not attracted to most women.
    I'm attracted to women in top shape, that is why I try to keep myself in top shape.

Of course I know there are women with much lower standards than that, but odds are they aren't going to meet mine, so there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe it's because people in general don't like that type because they look unreal. (for instance, the arms of say, Arnold, and the body of a Kardashian)
    Of course, it was shocking to hear this, but I guess that we can't please everyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's just simple biology. Women like attractive men and that usually means ones with muscles.

I'm not an incel for no reason, you know. Women don't like skinny guys save for a few women who stand as outliers.

0|0
    0|0
    • I would take a skinny emo guy any day over a young Mr. Universe Arnold Schwarzenegger or any of the Chippendale dancers. The huge muscles are just gross. Sure I wouldn't mind a few muscles like with some bicyclists but the big bulky ones are a total turn off. I know lots of women who would agree. There may be some cultural aspect too. I think in Asia, it's more fashionable to be thin and tall, than a big quarterback type.

• Well, I would probably call you an outlier then, at least if you lived in Nebraska.

If the culture is different where you live, I suppose it's possible that skinny could be the style.

• Girls do like muscles too, but not bulky body builders. Like girls with big boobs, we do see girls going for guys like that, so it's why both genders believe what they do..

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont know about you but the bigger i get, the more i get noticed. Plus my girl always says "dont get any bigger" and when i do, she's like "wow". Go figure...

0|0
    0|0
    • Sure there are some girls who go for that. Just like how the girls with the triple DDD boobs would probably get more noticed than a girl with average boobs, but it doesn't mean most of women or men prefer that.

• Very well said! That along with the moto "Dont judge if you've never tried" are stuff that everyone should keep in mind.

• I can't say all women, but it typically Is the more in shape guys that I see women paying attention to or even telling me that they think a guy is hot when he is more muscular

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't fuck Kim Kardashian with somebody I hated's dick. I've seen her in the papers and I don't get it

0|1
    0|0
  • Well on hand women want to feel safe so they go for muscly guys in the other hand I was in the gym recently and saw a very attractive girl with a obese man so I guess everyone has different taste

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't think that. But I think most women would think a guy who is somewhat fit is ideal, but not "really buff".

0|0
    0|0
  • "I wonder if this is similar to girls who assume all guys want women with big boobs and butts like Kim Kardashian." - I think you're right and on to something there. I don't assume girls want buff guys necessarily but I also don't think they are turned off by it? But you are right about the guys wanting big boobs and butts. Everyone's different, some do, some don't, but a lot of us guys DON'T want that or care. I'm one. Butt - I don't care about at all. Boobs, I don't want implants that's a for sure. And I prefer the smaller ones (B-C cups usually) but in the end, this doesn't matter, it's about her as a person, not her boobs.

0|0
    0|0
  • You cannot argue with mother-nature - engrained biology, aka your 'lizard-brain'.
    Women are attracted to someone they percieve as able to protect and provide, whatever that may be. In most cases that includes physical size and strength. It comes from the cave-man days where the biggest strongest guy could protect you from saber-tooth tiger and roaming villagers. And hence why MOST women prefer a man that is taller than herself.

On the flip-side to your preference, it's highly doubtful you would get the tingles for a guy 2" shorter and skinny and weak. It's just not there. So a good prospect doesn't need to be an ape, he just needs to have proportions that are pleasing to your eye (your lizard brain).

Besides, women hardly know what they really want - it's all just a feeling, subject to change at any moment. And it really helps if he has heaps of money, or power. :)

0|0
    0|0
    • First of all, every woman is different so I don't know what you mean when you say women don't know what they want. There are billions of women. I turned down an offer to marry a millionaire because I didn't care about his money. My mother was a movie star and she turned down offers from all these middle aged rich men and married my dad because he was a cute, innocent and BROKE college student. His innocence appealed to her. My cousin also turned down a rich man because she liked a modest and caring Italian cook. Sure there are women who go for money and power but that doesn't represent all women.

• And you're gonna focus on the fringe instead of the vast majority. Emkay. Whateve's toots.

• eww most don't want a Kardashian. by the way small boobs big butt (from squats and stuff) undefeated combo

0|0
    0|0
  • I cannot possibly care what women want. I am me. They like it or don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather just look at the type of guy your friends date/hook up with to see what type they go for.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know that, its a relative thing tho.
    obviously girls don't want a boyfriend like this
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...f423baaa8f.jpg
    I don't know any girl that would mind a boyfriend that was muscley like this tho
    munfitnessblog.com/.../...-reynolds-toned-body.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • trim and in shape should be. Big muscles turn to fat when they get older

0|0
    0|0
  • Some women actually don't like buff dudes

0|0
    0|0
  • not buff but having gud muscle and personality

0|0
    0|0
  • no it depends on the girls

0|0
    0|0
  • Many yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is perfectly understandable that not all women want to date the Hulk.
    I personally like slim bodies with small boobs and a nice butt, but that's just me... Doesn't mean I wouldn't date someone who doesn't fit that category.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe not bodybuilder buff but I believe most women want a guy who's muscular to a certain extent.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes