Do good looking people get treated better in life?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends, but usually yes.

Good looking people usually gets more positive attention, more compliments and are more popular. They do also get more dating options and people generally are more interested in them. (Not only in dating, but people just love hanging around them enjoying some eye candy without being interested in a serious relationship.) Often beautiful people are seen as innocent due the stereotypes where all baddies are ugly and therefor it's harder for some people around them to understand it's not always the case. Beauties can get away with some things.

However, in some cases it's difficult to be beautiful because of people being jealous at you, competition and people who's interested just because of your looks; and not you as a person. You may get catcalled and stared at. Another things is people can manipulate the good looking person to believe s/he is ugly to make them feel better about themselves.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually I get treated worse by women jealous lmao.

By men I get treated very nicely, it's always sexual though... and if I don't flirt back, or reject I get hated on.

But I don't know if I am in the attractive category that you are talking about.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 33

• Not all the time, sometimes I think Being good looking/attractive can have the adverse effect on how people are treated/perceived.

But in regards to being treated better, I guess there's evidence based on "The Halo Effect"(as stated by a PP)... And Jon Hamm's character on 30 Rock... lol

1|0
    0|0
  • It's how you feel about yourself in you're heart. I see many guys that are unattractive dating a gorgeous woman. I see it all the time. And even some women that are unattractive dating a cute guy.

Looks don't matter. It's inside your heart that counts.

1|0
    1|1
  • Yes. There's something that's been coined "the halo effect" before which basically says yes to your question. It's sad but it's one of the things to accept.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just yesterday I actually just for fun styled my hair in a way that I don't normally do.

I had a feeling it would make a difference but holy moly did I underestimate. People couldn't help but look at me and smile and talk to me, like WTF I'm just here to buy groceries. Usually people wouldn't give me the time of day and all I did was change my hair up a bit and now I'm one of the popular kids lol.

0|0
    0|0
    • thankyou for your opinion one of the best ones, as if that is crazy can't believe you just changed your hair and it made so much difference!

• I mean I wasn't swarmed like a celebrity haha but it was a noticeable difference. Also, I think look is just part of it and you've got to have the right mindset or you'll come off as a bimbo.

• Yes. I read somewhere that good looking candidates had a higher chance of getting job than average looking ones..
    And we have to admit that we always admire and follow people who are good looking..

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely, particularly by the opposite gender, regardless of whether that's male or female.

0|1
    0|0
  • most of the time yes but sometimes not so much, like a girl that looks amazing to most but some might think she's a whore for how she looks.

0|1
    0|0
  • Always good looking people have a bad luck unfortunately 😖

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely. Especially during the early stage, before you get to know them.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, except when people of the same sex are jealous.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course they do. Good looks have all kind of advantages.

0|0
    0|1
  • i think they do. heck even I have fallen into that. treating them different, without even realizing it

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course they do. It's pretty obvious, what a silly question.

0|0
    0|0
  • Without fail. Being a pretty person is having your social life on easy mode.

0|0
    0|0
  • hot blonde female teacher gets busted for raping her student no jail time google it

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not necessary that every good looking get that. Some are exceptional

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes we do.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, without a doubt

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 16

• If you're good- looking, have a powerful status or you're wealthy.. you will be treated better in life. You'll also be more respected. It's a fact in society , it always has been and always will be the case

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, its true... like the site with missing people, if ugly and unnatractive human get lost no one wants to help and when attractive chick get lost there a thousands of volonteers who r ready to search for her.
    Truth of our life

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure, probably not all of the time. I am not ugly per se but I still get treated like crap by people at times. Looks are subjective also. What is beautiful to one person can be HIDEOUS to another

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the people you socialize with. Favorations are all over but it doesn't help always. The right thing goes to the right person no matter what. Cheer up 👍🏽

0|0
    0|0
  • Watch Beastly lol
    Yes they do. People can say that looks don't matter all day long but in reality they do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they've done studies on this, it's human nature.

0|0
    0|0
  • There have been studies where the better looking person gets more call backs on a job.

0|1
    0|0
  • Usually

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes, they definitely do.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, maybe if you're a guy, but no in general.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    1|0
  • yes it's true

0|0
    0|0
  • Sadly, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • definitely

0|0
    0|0
  • they do! i read a lot of stuff about that
    people would even ask for the directions to a pretty person then a ugly one.. since the look nice.. so they think they have a nice personalty

its the mind.. people thing that good looking people are talented singers and ugly ones not... if you watch x factor or whatever... people get shocked when someone ugly sings really good... because they don't expect that... since the most singers are good looking

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup definitely, most of them but not all. Good looks has it's perks. but society is more open now so more people regardless of their appearance are appreciated.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes