Do my nails look unhealthy?

The top part (no idea what they are called) are see-through so I don't know if that's good or bad. I also have white dots on them. What do you think? Do my nails look unhealthy??

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• no they look fine. :) I used to have white spots like that on mine too. it kinda freaked me out. I thought it was air bubbles under the nail or something and my nail was gonna fall off but they never did. :D

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• White dots are caused by not consuming enough calcium. They are calcium deposits. When your teeth are growing, you could get them on your teeth and also your nails.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, a bit. But they looks mostly worn. I thinks the best solution is cutting them very short and let them regrowth. Usually nails becomes like this because of biting or treatment that isn't good for them. If this continue after regrowing them, then I thinks you should seek a professional nail expert.

1|1
    0|0
  • They look fine. I mean, I've seen unhealthy nails and those aren't it. Like my ex-wife had this habit of picking at her nails and would clip them super short every day in some sort of OCD thing. She was really self-conscious about her nails but she couldn't help herself. Yours are nothing like that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope bit if you think, you can either cut or polish em

1|0
    0|0
  • u can nail polish them!

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Yes.
    You should probably research a bit why they're like that... Maybe you're missing some nutrients - probably some vitamins, but it may be a symptom of something more chronic...

1|0
    0|0
  • I've heard the white dotes are calcium deficiency.

1|0
    0|0
  • they're nothing serious, here's a link
    www.healthline.com/.../white-spots-on-nails
    you can google it for more info

1|0
    0|0
  • The white spots are not from a deficiency. It's simply damage to the matrix of the nail. Not serious at all. Your nails are very healthy and the "top part" (also known as free edge lol) is fine. But if you want to make them healthier and look better you should push back your cuticle and rub cuticle oil on it 😃

0|0
    0|0
  • You're lacked of calcium

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah they look so dry

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes