Girls, What did you do with your prom dress after prom?

• Wore it again on another occasion
  • Threw it away
  • Donated it to charity
    Vote C
  • Gave it to a friend/family member
    Vote D
  • Preserved it/saved it
    Vote E
  • Altered it/used the fabric to create something else
    Vote F

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Kept it for a couple years then eventually donated it =)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

What Girls Said 21

• I went to several proms but I ended up giving them to family to wear to theirs or to friends or donated them to a charity.

• All of my HS dresses are hanging in my closet. I thought my sister might want to use them (the styles are still in) but I don't know that she'll be able to fit in them... we're kind of different body types.

• I kept it and wore it a couple of times after. I didn't really have a promy prom dress, mine was black and white and a vintage-y style and just under knee length so it didn't look too~ weird to wear it for some other slightly posher occasion :P

• I still have it. I'm not a dress person who I may never wear again. But I had to be sewn into it because it still didn't fit right with alterations so it's just a hassle to wear. I may sell it or give it away.

• I wore it to two weddings then I gave it away to a cousin for her to were for her first dance formal.

• Nothing. It's just sitting in the closet in a dust bag. Absolutely waste. But at the time, prom just seemed so important you know? But I'm looking back, a cheaper dress would have been the way to go.

• I wish the internet had been back then, what it is now, because I could have saved my mom so much money on the dress and accessories, but she wanted me to love my dress, and was the one encouraging me not to focus so hard on price because I'm not one to spend money. To this day, I still love my dress and all the memories surrounding it especially since the unexpected passing of my prom date a few years back in an accident.

• Hanging in my mothers spare closet along with my sisters. She doesn't let anything go

• It's in my closet. It's a very beautiful one of a kind gown, and I wanted to save it :) if I ever go to a ball I can wear it

• I borrowed mine from a friend who has a lot of dresses like that. So I'm gonna give it back to her when we meet up again.

• Use it to make dress up clothes for kids in the hospital. Or sometimes people use wedding/prom dresses to families that have had babies die and nothing to bury them in

• Borrowed the dress, because I didn't want to waste money on something to wear 1 time!

• I had a cocktail length dress so I wore it again. To my cousin's wedding, I think.

• It wasn't mine, It was my little sister dress so I give it to her. One days if she doesn't want it anymore I'm going to take it and keep it.

• i saved mine for a few years before selling it for cheap

• Kept it for a while but eventually threw it away cause it got ruined.

• I borrowed my dress fro a friend at another high school so I gave it back to her

• still keeping it

• Still in my closet

• saved it

• I sold it, what I've been doing is I buy a dress with a specific amout of money, then wear it once, sell the dress and what I make out of it I save it for the next time I need a fancy dress.

• i honestly just threw mine in the dumpster bin behind my house because i didn't want it and wouldn't use it ever again