How to naturally prevent breakage of hair?

How one could prevent breakage of long hair without using any product?

Thanks for all your answers. They are truly useful.

52

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe get it cut an inch every so often

What Girls Said 4

• Trim the ends every 4-6 weeks. And try to stay away from shampoos and conditioners with alcohol in the Ingredients.

• I started having some breakage in the ends of my hair so I looked up some natural DIY hairmasks on google and you can find LOADS. Tried a few but my fav was egg with honey (and a tiny bit of olive oil). This mask also makes your hair grow longer quicker than usual.
    some good tip I've been doing since over a year now it, DONT dry your hair with a towel and DONT rub it with a towel either. Towels are harsh for the hair. I personally dry my hair with a cotton tshirt. It makes your hair softer. Another tip is, dont brush your hair when its wet. When you get into the shower brush it before so when you get out of the shower it will be detangled, wait till ita dry and then brush it or style it however you want.
    hope this was helpful:)

• Just saw the video haha
      well, because the ones you get from the supermarket can damage your hair because of the chemicals they have. And usually they are just lying to you and it doesn't really help your hair. Lots of shampoos have Sulfate, and that's really drying for your hair. For that reason, I will give you another tip, its better to clean the scalp of your head *only* with shampoo and from the mid section till the tips of your hair with a conditioner. The reason why conditioners are better for the mid and tip sections of your hair is because those sections are "older" than the hair thats closer to your scalp, therefore, they need more hydration, if you apply conditioner to your scalp that will make it oily coz the scalp of your head already has natural oils. The shampoo cleans and dries a bit, thats good for your scalp but not the mids and ends of your hair since they are already more dry than the scalp

• Ummm, interesting. That makes sense to me.

• When washing your hair, use cold water, not hot. Hot damages hair.

• Coconut oil... organic, natural only

What Guys Said 1

• just dont let it fall