Is beauty really subjective?

516

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say both yes and no.

We've our own taste and finds different people good looking. A person may find Channing Tantum good looking, but I finds him average for instance. So we doesn't find the same person beautiful. I've a preference for dark people in dating, but someone else prefer blondes. So we do have different taste in dating and we've different taste in beauty like we've different taste in food.

But some features are features we're biologically attracted to like facial symmetry, healthy looking and well-proportions. There's also features the majority of humans likes like the person being fit. Many men tends to find boobs, curves and ass beautiful in a woman and many women tends to like a chiseled jawline, broad shoulders and tallness in men. Women and men also have opinions about what's beautiful in their own gender.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes I think so. I've had so many people tell me that Emma Watson is their celeb crush... I think she looks like a child. she's not womanly to me at all. I was raised under Latin American beauty standards which are a bit different than European beauty standards. beauty is very different between cultures. so that is some of it and yknow we all as humans just have different preferences. but of course there are some things that are universal like a nice smile or facial symmetry. biology plays a huge part in it too.