Is beauty really subjective?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say both yes and no.

We've our own taste and finds different people good looking. A person may find Channing Tantum good looking, but I finds him average for instance. So we doesn't find the same person beautiful. I've a preference for dark people in dating, but someone else prefer blondes. So we do have different taste in dating and we've different taste in beauty like we've different taste in food.

But some features are features we're biologically attracted to like facial symmetry, healthy looking and well-proportions. There's also features the majority of humans likes like the person being fit. Many men tends to find boobs, curves and ass beautiful in a woman and many women tends to like a chiseled jawline, broad shoulders and tallness in men. Women and men also have opinions about what's beautiful in their own gender.

2|0
    1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• yes I think so. I've had so many people tell me that Emma Watson is their celeb crush... I think she looks like a child. she's not womanly to me at all. I was raised under Latin American beauty standards which are a bit different than European beauty standards. beauty is very different between cultures. so that is some of it and yknow we all as humans just have different preferences. but of course there are some things that are universal like a nice smile or facial symmetry. biology plays a huge part in it too.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• To the extent of us having different types yes. That's it though. Most people on a societal level could agree on who's attractive and who's ugly. Most hot girls don't date ugly guys preaching beauty is subjective. Some people have different taste but attractive and unattractive is pretty much a determining factor.

3|1
    0|0
  • A standard of beauty can be both subjective and a consensus. Even if every single person agreed 100% on how attractive every person is, that could still be subjective.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes, that said, the amount of people that find someone pretty can vary, so there is a certain level of objectivity with it.
    Still, I think there is at least one person that thinks you're the prettiest person ever.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. People definitely have different preferences, the same as people have different hobbies or different tastes for foods.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I might find someone attractive who you think is bleh (no offense to user bleh-___-). What do you think?

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely. A girl i find attractive someone else may not and vice versa.

1|0
    0|0
  • is a subjective part when love goes to be a second part

1|0
    0|0
  • They say that, I don't know if I buy it though.

1|0
    0|0
  • totally. different strokes for different folks

1|0
    0|0
  • Sort of.

1|0
    0|0
  • for the most part, yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • not really

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course it is.

1|0
    0|0
  • not exactly..

1|0
    0|0
  • depends who you are really

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I wouldn't describe it as subjective, exactly. There is research done on specific traits that are pretty much universally described as "beautiful", such a large eyes and high cheekbones on women, or square jaw and a defined brow shape on men.

But from there it's sort of just about how it fits on your overall facial structure. You can get away with having a few nice features to create a well rounded face - you don't need to have everything to be considered "beautiful".

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes! I mean everyone has a level of what is 'conventionally' beautiful but what someone finds beautiful others don't. I think Justin Beiber is gross but loads of people think he's good looking. Totally subjective.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes! It's all about how you grew up. Of course, some people do have preferences but that comes from the way we see things.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course it is. If not, then me and my friends would never disagree on who we find hot and the like.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes