Am I unattractive because I am tall?

One of my (supposedly) best friends told me earlier today that nobody will ever find me attractive because I am tall. She said that only short girls are attractive because they're cute and seem more vulnerable. I'm 17, 5ft 7.5 and I'll be the first to admit that I'm curvy (probably overly so) but I'm trying to do something about that. I know that I can lose weight etc. But I can't really change my height and I don't even know if I've completely stopped growing yet. Does my height (which I can't change) mean that I will never be deemed attractive to anyone?
Updates:
Sorry, I'm 16. Typo!

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• NO! your friend is either jealous being spiteful, or a complete idiot. that has absolutely nothing to do with being cute. and guys like curvy. trust me my girlfriend went through this she was curvy and now she is so happy. guys are attracted to that bc it's a healthy sign of the body to produce offspring. so your perfect

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You're tall, but how is that unattractive? I wish I waw 5'7 or 5'8. I'm 5'6 by the way. Being tall and curvy is great and there is always somewhere out there that will find you attractive.
    Your best friends are rude and don't know what they're talking about. I am sorry you have "best friends" like that.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• don't get rid of your curves, curvy is the best thing ever. Just because you're tall, doesn't mean you're not attractive. Yes, i don't know what you look like exactly but you are beautiful just the way you are and shouldn't change how you look just to please others. Some lucky guy out there is waiting for you

1|0
    0|0
  • Most of the women I have dated were your height. I thought it was normal growing up. It wasn't till like the last 10 years I found out that's apparently tall for women.

You're not even 5'8".

My daughter who is younger than you has passed 5'10" and is hoping she'll hit 6'.

1|0
    0|0
  • 5'7.5" is good. Im about 6'1.5" ... I could rest my head against your head or shoulders and hug you when your cooking or washing dishes or something, without having to bend too much, like i have to do with shorter girls..

1|0
    0|0
  • You're not that all: a 6' guy would still be noticeably taller than you. And it's certainly not true guys only want tiny girls.

1|0
    0|0
  • Your friend is an ass, because there are loads of guys who prefer taller guys. I sure do, because I'm tall myself

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Actually if you like any sports, consider getting into that. Tall sporty girls are attractive to plenty of people.

0|0
    0|0
  • need no worry.. its up to you choosing the guy... opinion depends on him to stay /leave there u can define what he was!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm 6'5" so it's good if she's tall too. also I'm prefer the tall slender look

0|0
    0|0
  • no it means ur friend is a snob and she cares only for herself

0|0
    0|0
    • I think u r probably beautiful more so then ur friend if I had to pick between u and her I pick u

• I love tall girls there are really attractive. Don't listen to them, ther are all just jealous.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tall girls are the hottest! Dont listen to haters.

1|0
    0|0
  • 5 7 is not tall for a girl

0|0
    0|0
  • no girl

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• What? That's ridiculous! All my friends are around your height, and trust me they have no issue in the dating appartment. You're not a giraffe, you're just not short which isn't bad. Unless the guy is short I doubt he'd reject you because of your height, many even prefer taller chicks. Your friend's a bitc... not nice person, that's not something you tell your friends and she's obviously wrong and just trying to get to you. Don't listen to that kind of BS.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are plenty of tall women who are attractive! For example, runway models, VS models included, are typically at least 5'9, and they are usually very attractive women. In my own experience being 5'11, I do notice some guys are definitely intimidated by tall women, but that doesn't make a woman who is tall unattractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5,10 and I'm still considered very attractive. It really depends on your figure and your face. I wish I was shorter and sometimes get told that i'm too tall, but that's only coming from short ugly dudes. Don't worry girl 5,7 is really not that bad.

1|1
    0|0
  • There's nothing wrong with being tall. That said, I don't even think you're that tall, only 2 inches taller than the average woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • she is jealous! Being tall is attractive and you are not THAT tall to the point you have a hard time finding men taller than you. Embrace your height

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's the opposite. Taller girls are more attractive for taller guys, believe me. The only reason a lot of tall men date short women is because there aren't enough tall women xD

0|0
    0|0
  • There's nothing wrong with your height and they're just jealous (plus later on in life you'll find you can reach things they can't z😆😉)

0|0
    0|0
  • tallness has nothing to do with you being unattractive. If anything you'll need to find a guy taller than you which is some cases can be a challenge.

0|0
    0|0
  • Noone should ever say something negative about a characteristic you can do nothing about. Such as, going bold, hand size, hight etc

0|0
    0|0
  • 5 ft 7 isn't that tall. Don't worry about it

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's not height. Your friend is an idiot

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes