Is makeup stupid?

I feel like makeup is useless because you wash it off at the end of the day and you are left with what you are given by Mother Nature... So if you are not going to change the situation at its foundation, what's the point of hiding the symptoms?

But don't just get angry and insult me right away! Because I'm starting to think that I am missing out. Do you think the way I think is stupid? Should I start to put one or two things on my face and have fun with it? Am I missing out?

-not that I'm just too beautiful naturally or something don't get me wrong, I just realy don't feel like it is something permanent and that makes me sad-

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, it's kind of a waste of money and it's bad for your skin. Only use it if you personally like how it looks a lot or if you are trying to get tips at a food service job. It's not helpful for being attractive to guys though because a lot of guys find no makeup equally or more attractive.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• If you prefer going natural, that's fine! It's your personal preference. I wear eye makeup because I want to, I'm an artist and it reminds me of how I draw my eyes on paper. I wear eyeliner, mascara and that's it. For the longest time however, I went natural. Also I know some of my guyfriends prefer it natural. Often girls wear makeup because they feel insecure without it, too. You're not missing out on anything. The only time I'd say it could be fun for you to wear some is if you're going to a fancy event, or if you just genuinely like makeup.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Only if your spending $100 on makeup to let a broke nigga cum on your face😂😂😂💯

1|0
    0|0
  • depends on the woman. I've known women who never put any makeup on and they looked great.
    but even they owned some. eyeliner and such

0|0
    0|0
  • what i want to know is, why is it only girls who wear it?

1|0
    0|0
  • I love the beautiful natural look just a little eyeliner mascara lipstick

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• I think you are missing out. I think compared to a few years ago, the purpose of applying makeup changed from wanting to hide bad acne or scars and stuff to something girls just enjoy doing. I know a lot of people just wear makeup for fun, try new looks and stuff. It doesn't have to be able doing it for anyone else or covering up your natural look

1|0
    0|0
  • I know how you feel, I've felt this recently. It's like I feel I want to cover up my acne scars, but covering up like that honestly makes me feel like no one really knows who I am. But it's complicated. I just do what I feel that specific day. That always works for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I disagree with you.
    Congratulations if you have naturally amazing skin. But when you went through bad acne and have acne scars, you want to feel a little pretty sometimes and not see your scars.

1|0
    0|0
    • my skin literally sucks but you know, maybe trying to fix it is a better option because hiding it depresses me even more :/

• So do something.

• Makeup isn't necessarily meant to hide your features. If anything, you can use it to enhance features. Besides that, some people (like myself) actually like putting makeup on. It can also really boost your self-esteem.

1|0
    0|0
  • I use makeup everyday and remove every night. you use it to be able to feel more confident and for the people next to you. makeup doesn't make you pretty it adds to what u already have.

1|0
    0|0
  • I personally adore makeup enhancing my beauty and experimenting with different colours, but I get what your saying

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think makeup is stupid, personally. It can really improve someone's self-esteem. But I can understand where you're coming from

0|0
    0|0
  • Makeup doesn't have to cover up your face it's there to enhance your natural beauty

0|0
    0|0
  • To each their own.

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually like it.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes