Ladies, how long does a gel mani last for you?

I've been doing my own gels for a few years and the brands I use all claim you should get two weeks of wear before chipping, but I only ever seem to get 4-5 days before a nail starts to lift or chip.
I do a few friends and my mums and they all get much longer so I don't think it's my product?
How long does a mani last on you before it starts to wear? Does anyone else have any experience with gels?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no expierence with gels xD maybe your nails grow faster and that's why the chip? More surface area causing the harden gel to try and spread? Or am I talking through my ass? XD

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I do them by myself too and it takes 2 weeks. then they get off on the bottom.

0|0
    0|0
    • lol it has to be something I'm doing, I can't find anyone who has this problem

• Show All
    • primer dehydrates the nails and makes the gel stay much better

• I ment for cleaning nails :) I'm not sure about my English skills.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

What Girls Said 18

• Usually around a week but my nails tend to grow out quick.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I do gel (shellac) nails, I get them done professionally and they last me a good 2 weeks to a month if I don't do heavy duty things to overwork my hands and wreck my nails.

1|0
    0|0
    • I got a pro one today so I'm hoping it'll last longer! It's so annoying having to remove them every week lol

• Show All
    • No, I'm a programmer πŸ˜› You'd think that would give me a bit more. But yes, fingers crossed it lasts then I can figure out if it's my technique or products

• I got six days, and I could just peel the gel off and my nail bed looks perfectly fine and healthy lol. I think it's just my nails πŸ™ˆ

• Never done it. Heard others say 2 weeks done at salon. Home... not sure.

I get my reg. mani, pedi.
    mani - 2 weeks, i reapply top coat 2-3 days to keep them fresh and last longer. also helps i don't do much house work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure if gel is the same as shellac, but I get mine done and it will not chip no matter what I do to them!

I probably get like three weeks before they've gotten overly grown out, four weeks if I push it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to do gels years ago, but I stopped because my nails grow so fast a needed new tips every month. I also didn't like how it weakens your nails so bad

1|0
    0|0
  • Mine doesn't wear at all. I've had it for like a month now and other than my nails growing out it's good as new

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to get them done sellout once a month, but after I started vitamins choir women (special complex for hair skin&nail) I was going on twice a month. unless there was a problem. Also I used to do data entry all day as my job shoo i was typing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont get my nails done... i would just break them all the time.

Normally a salon used to take me a hour.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't do them myself, but when I get them done professionally, they can last for a month

1|0
    0|0
  • It takes up to a couple weeks to a month. I love gel nails except you can't use nail polish removal to get it off

0|0
    0|0
  • I just got mine done about two weeks ago and they started chiping 10 or 9 days later

0|0
    0|0
  • 4 days. TBH

0|0
    0|0
  • Like shellac? A good two weeks.

0|0
    0|0
  • mine chip after a few days so I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • about a week

0|0
    0|0
  • I've heard 2 - 3 weeks

0|0
    0|0
  • I never did a gel mani

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never gotten gel nails done before.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes