What should I know about before dying my hair?

I'm going to die the end of my hair, like the tips and a bit more. But I was wondering what I needed to know before dying it, like protecting it, etc. I read this article, and they were talking about gloss. What is it? Also, I'm going to go for a dark tone and not a light tone, but if you dye your hair, do the parts that you dyed fade after its off? I'm not going to get the permanent colors. Thanks!!

33

Most Helpful Guy

• before you do anything, make sure ur absolutely positive about the color. one idea would be to use or have a friend do photo shop to show what it would be like if your hair had different colored highlights; don't want to have it dyed and regret it immediately

• True... it's gonna be dark and fade. So I mean, it's not gonna be like bright neon, it's gonna be pretty dark. Where u like know it's there but it isn't popped out there. U know?

• No worries!!

• Thanks so much!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Dark colors will fade BUT if you use a sulfate free shampoo (if you do a "natural" color like red, brown, black, blonde there's a John Frieda soap that protects against fading) the fading won't be as quick. I dye my hair quite a lot. If you bleach your ends, definitely leave conditioner on them in the shower (like 3-5 minutes before rinsing) after bleaching to keep your hair healthy.

• Yeah, I'm gonna do a dark color that fades into my hair color. So, should I use the shampoo u recommended? Or only if it's natural colors?