What should I know about before dying my hair?

I'm going to die the end of my hair, like the tips and a bit more. But I was wondering what I needed to know before dying it, like protecting it, etc. I read this article, and they were talking about gloss. What is it? Also, I'm going to go for a dark tone and not a light tone, but if you dye your hair, do the parts that you dyed fade after its off? I'm not going to get the permanent colors. Thanks!!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• before you do anything, make sure ur absolutely positive about the color. one idea would be to use or have a friend do photo shop to show what it would be like if your hair had different colored highlights; don't want to have it dyed and regret it immediately

1|0
    0|0
    • True... it's gonna be dark and fade. So I mean, it's not gonna be like bright neon, it's gonna be pretty dark. Where u like know it's there but it isn't popped out there. U know?

• Show All
    • No worries!!

• Thanks so much!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Dark colors will fade BUT if you use a sulfate free shampoo (if you do a "natural" color like red, brown, black, blonde there's a John Frieda soap that protects against fading) the fading won't be as quick. I dye my hair quite a lot. If you bleach your ends, definitely leave conditioner on them in the shower (like 3-5 minutes before rinsing) after bleaching to keep your hair healthy.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, I'm gonna do a dark color that fades into my hair color. So, should I use the shampoo u recommended? Or only if it's natural colors?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• There are enough good to great articles/magazines/websites for beauty information for free. Do a little research before you do it. Off hand I know there are different hair types, dyes, applications, colors, and durations. Depending on your hair type, brand, etc. it will vary on how it affects your hair.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think the first thing you really need to check if there is something on the dye that you have allergies on.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not allergic to that many things, but true. I know that I am highly allergic to shrimp and scallops tho.

• Yeah - the reason why is that my aunt dyed her hair back then, and she got red, itchy stuff all over her head.

Don't want that to happen to you. :))))

• Oh, Christ. Thanks, life savor!

What Girls Said 2

• Make sure to cover absolutely everything with towels. Even if you think you will be super careful, you will make a mess.

0|0
    0|0
  • It does fade if it's not permanent.

0|0
    0|0
    • Will my hair be lighter since It was bleached? Like the part that was dyed?

Recommended myTakes