Do you obsesss over your image?

I feel like I wish my skin was more clear
I had fuller breasts, wider hips, bigger thighs/butt
thicker hair...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Smaller breasts are best.
    You don't need wide hips. Again, small is best.
    You don't need thicker thighs. Slim is best.
    You don't need a bigger bum. Small is best.
    The rest is immaterial.
    You sound so good as you are. I bet you're gorgeous!

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hello!
    Yes, as a black woman specifically I feel so out of place; at times just looking in the mirror and seeing my hair texture and skin colour it makes me feel so out of place as we live in a world that puts so much emphasis on “white” beauty and glorifies light skin and “straight “hair therefore it does make you feel inferior and just causes me to look elsewhere for guidance regarding my beauty.

1|0
    0|0
    • I bet you're gawwwjuuss

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• Girls focus more on the specifics like the ones you mentioned.

really I just want to be more muscular than I am and put on some more weight and maybe find a better hairstyle even doe my hair looks pretty good. I just got bored of it and wanted a certain hairstyle of a celebrity.

for the most part I put it on the side until I had time. then I started working out and eating healthy. trying to find time to work out while in school is always hard for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • "I feel like I..."
    This is your problem - you give weight to every little thought and feeling in your pretty little head. pfft.
    Consider that you have WAY more important things to worry about - like getting an education and then a career so you can support yourself.
    Attraction is all good, will help a guy notice, but there has to be much more than that to sustain any interest, let alone commitment.

0|0
    0|0
  • I watch my weight but that's it. I am happy with who I am. Why should I obsess over meeting society's standard? I'll take care of myself but I refuse to change who I am.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I try to look alright at least, if I have a place to go to. If I'm just working at my shitty job it's just sweatpants and a t-shirt. I shave if I feel like it, and a shower everyday.

1|0
    0|0
  • i am what i am. I don't obsess over it, I do what I can to enrich my own life.

what I don't try to do, is be like everyone else. why the fuck would you wanna be like everyone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • I take care of myself by working out, eating right, and trying to get enough sleep as possible but other than that, not at all. I'm very low maintenance.

0|0
    0|0
  • I try not to obsess over my physical attributes but I do catch myself doing it. it's human nature to want to be an image of perfection in your own eyes. it's only unhealthy if you obsess constantly over it

0|0
    0|0
  • You are not alone. Ninety-eight percent of women don't fit that perfect body mold.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just a little bit. A little bit of this 💪, a little bit of that💇‍♂️

0|0
    0|0
  • No not really, i suppose i should do so more often though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 13

• Totally.. I think all women do. I am more happy with my body rather than my face, but I cannot remember a time where I didn't wanna lost 5 pounds. I've always wanted to keep my curves but get down to 115 (I am 5'5 and 127 rn) but If I stayed where I am forever I would probably be okay but not happy about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think we all do, everyone wishes they were more or less somthing at some point, but you have to work with what you have, try to change what you can and try to embrace what you don't. My crooked teeth have been a problem all my life but that doesn't stop me even tho I wish I had the money to change that

0|1
    0|0
    • yeah I have bad teeth too. it wasn't crooked but had a small gap between two front top teeth and the two bottom ones were literally in a V shape and crooked. now I have braces and there's a stupid gap on the side of the front.

I couldn't afford it for a good 2 years but I had gotten them. hopefully u get them so ur teeth get better and u feel better

• @ItzYaboi Thanks I appreciate it:)

• I wish I didn't have such wide hips.
    I wish my breasts were a tad bit smaller.
    I have long and medium/thick hair but I wish it was thicker.
    I wish I had a huge bubble butt lol
    Smaller thighs

0|0
    0|0
  • I do. 😞 I never feel like I can be completely satisfied.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, of course. I wish my boobs weren't so apart and I had an ass. It's natural to feel these insecurities, but also find things you love about yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course everyone wants what they can't have. If you're brunette you want to have light hair. If you have dark eyes then you would like to have light eyes.. So on and so forth but the key to this is to not let your self esteem go down the hill. Everyone's Diffrent. Just because you have small breast doesn't mean your less than someone who has them. Same with bigger thighs and thicker hair. Just embrace who you are. Clear skin is achievable. We've all had to go through some skin problems in our life. But with a little bit of help and a lot of maintenance you can get clear skin. Best of luck

2|0
    0|0
  • I guess I just wish my skin was clearer lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup. I wish I had a smaller nose.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only my boobs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls