* small nose
    * good eye brows
    * big eyes
    * medium lips
    * fair skin is universally desired in Eastern countries
    * dainty hands
    * dainty feet
    * perfect feet

Okay the list is endless... but the most important is a woman looses beauty once she hits her 30's.

So what should women that are past 30 do? Kill themselves?

Hairy men are fine to walk on the street
    Balding men are fine

Men can wake up and go outside looking scruffy. If woman does this she would be taken in prison for looking like a crack head.
    Men can even take their top off. I bet if women did this they'd get criticised over their saggy breasts.

9|4
    0|6
    • It's the ugly truth...
      I'm just so happy and I'm not complaining at all that I'm a male, and I'm a lucky male.

1. I'm good looking.
      2. I will be 6'0+.
      3. I'm fit

Hopefully this can last for the next 40 years lol

• Show All
    • Your welcome ❤😊

• This is so good :o :)

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 28

• No I think it's the opposite actually. Girls have makeup as an option but a guy can't really do much if he's not good looking, so they're probably the most pressured.

3|15
    3|0
    • Show All
    • @krash2002 a 4 fluctuates b/w 6-9

• @ilovefood17 That is an accurate statement. With today's cosmetics for women. A girl being naturally a 4. Does have the option to go up to such heights based on what she does to improve her looks using external products.

• Totally. Women has to look good 24/7 or at least try to be amazing looking most of the time.

But then again, we can at least use makeup and usually aren't bashed like guys for their (example) height and so on.

In the end attractive people don't have any pressure, they are born good looking. :/

2|5
    0|1
  • Extremely less pressure. As long as a guy isn't too fat or incredibly short he's pretty much good to go.
    Women have to be fit but not too fit.
    Skinny but not too skinny.
    Wear make up but look like you're not.
    Have perfect hair even when working out, swimming, at home etc.
    Not age past 28 or so.
    Women are not allowed to have wrinkles... we don't look "distinguished" like men.
    Have nice skin, but not too white or too tan or too freckley
    Be toned but not muscular.
    Only have "fat" in your butt and breasts
    Don't be too short for people or too tall for others.
    Wear heels, don't wear heels.
    Wear sexy clothes but not too sexy. Unless you're over 28 and then why are you even in public right?
    Have nicely polished nails all the time but not too short or too long and don't even think about it being chipped.
    Make sure your jewelry is on point.
    Smile always but don't smile in a way that leads guts on because only a mean girl would do that.

Yeah we have it MUCH harder in this area.

3|0
    0|2
    • Show All
    • @JDavid25 he didn't ask if they were expectations by men. They are definitely societies expectations.

• @BertMacklinFBI that's what makes you cooler than other guys

• I think they do have less pressure. Many things that women can get "criticized" over (like having acne for example) isn't considered a problem for men. Women are expected to wear makeup and fix the issue where a guy having acne isn't that big of a deal. That's just one example as well. There are so many other examples of this.

1|1
    1|3
    • Maybe few people vocally criticize a man for having acne (I don't really believe that though: other men will tell him to do something about it) but he sure isn't getting laid and he won't be asked to greet the clients at the front desk...

• A woman with acne is a lot less socially acceptable though. She's a lot more expected to wear makeup. That's all I'm saying.

• Definitely. I always see guys saying "women have high standards" and "they feel pressure too", but I don't think pressure to look good is something you totally understand unless you're female. Why not? Because you're not the gender almost every inch of marketing is focused on. Fashion, make up, beauty, it's almost all focused on women.

I also think looking good is 'less important' for men and obviously less hard to do. Women are expected to 'dress up' when going to formal events (or work really), meaning having to wear make up ( which can cause acne and thus creating a vicious cycle of "i don't feel pretty without make up but make up makes me feel less pretty"), wear heels (which cause pain and are bad for your stance), having to wear a dress, do your hair etcetera. Men can just suit up, wear dress shoes and make sure their beard and hair are trimmed.

If we speak of looking good for attracting a mate, that's also significantly less hard to do. Let's look at the 'requirements' for both sexes:

Men
    -be of a decent height
    -be of a healthy weight (sixpacks etc are going out of fashion)
    -dress okay
    -make sure your body hair is under control/neatly styled as you please

Women:
    -be of a decent hight
    -be of a healthy weight
    -but have thick thighs/big butt etc.
    -have nice hair, preferably long because having it short looks "boyish"
    -have an attractive face
    -be beautiful without make up
    -don't wear 'too much' make up
    -dress and act "feminine", whatever that means

*these are without taking in personality, i agree on that area men have more 'requirements', but yiu cannot say it 'evens out', because personalities change/is changable, appearance much less.

2|0
    0|1
    • Why do you think men don't need to have an attractive face or that sixpack abs are "going out of fashion", or that men don't have to act :masculine" (act in a confident, dominant, yet non-threatening way)? Because of your age you've probably never stood around bored in a bar observed people's mating rituals, and it shows in what you wrote...

• Show All
    • See, that's the difference between men and women... If you're not looking for a mate then why do you "have to" look your best?

Sure you have to look decent at work, but you sure as hell don't have to dress up, unless you're a model. Women put insane expectations on themselves. You say sixpack abs aren't a requirement for most women, I say neither is having the perfect hourglass figure or having tons of makeup on your face (on the contrary).

Dressing "masculine" isn't as easy as it may seem to a woman: vests and ironed shirts are horribly uncomfortable and "nice" shoes and t-shirts/long sleeve shirts with buttons that are tight enough for people to see if a man is fat or fit usually aren't the most comfortable option either. In summer jeans/suit pants can be like walking around in an oven, but we're usually not allowed to wear shorts to work or events.

• @JohnDoe3000 ok but that's not the point.

• I saw a video where these guys of all shapes and sizes were talking about just this. I think men do have the same insecurities as women, they just don't really show it. My ex had this obsession with wanting to get fit. And I honestly think it came to the point where he was putting that obsession with me looking a certain way. Regardless to say, it was not a healthy relationship.

0|1
    0|1
  • I think in America it's a lot easier for men to get a date without having to look perfect. But all across the board, you women taking more pressure to look good. In places like South Korea, men looking good is almost guaranteed for a better life. Since companies require pictures with resumes and the women there are looking for rich and handsome Prince Charmings to help them have an easier life. So I would say at least in America, men have it a lot better.

0|1
    0|1
  • Waaaaay less pressure. Women are criticized for every little thing.

3|1
    1|2
    • so why dont more females date me lol

• Show All
    • Don't women ever get tired of playing the victim all day and blaming others for all their problems?

• @Dude_91 Sorry the comment wasn't to you.. LOL..

• I think so. As long as he's rich enough, there will always be some gold digging bombshell willing to be his arm candy or even his trophy wife.

2|1
    0|3
    • This sad but true. Something you never hear feminist admit.

• Show All
    • So... you think I'm a dude? Because that term either means, a badass, gives no fucks, or a hairy gay male...

• "Honey badger" is a phrase for women who sympathize on male issues.

• umm men have insecurities too and I think it really depends on the person

0|3
    0|0
  • YES!!! I have to sweat for hours to look good in my bikini and I walk round seeing beer guts everywhere at the beach!!!

3|1
    0|4
    • the pressure is the same as we're all bombarded with images of people looking perfect regardless of gender. It does seem as though men care less though.

• Yes. But while women can improve their looks (make up and diet), men are stuck with what God gave them (their height).

0|3
    3|2
  • Yes but it depends on who you surround yourself with.

0|0
    0|1
  • Yep. A woman's worth is in how she looks 😒

8|2
    0|5
    • I have to disagree with that statement. Some guys and society/media gives the populous a distorted view.

• Show All
    • @JDavid25 yeah I literally said nothing about women because this argument wasn't about women's choices either so 🙄 Keep trying to go off subject.

• TBH honest I don't know what the subject of the argument is.. I mean it was never that serious to me.. Lol.. And well, like I said.. Men are just different from women.. We are visual creatures.. We want what we see many times.. And different men like different looks.. And can be attractive to all type of things.. But, it's not all about looks for men. That doesn't make it her worth.. If I had a wife, and I grew to truly love her, it would matter less, although yeah I would be nice for her to keep herself lookin good.. But, in turn I'mma do the same for her.. Know what I'm sayin?

• sure because men are more focused on other things... like work.

0|2
    3|0
  • very correct. but there is still a lot of pressure of guys to be muscular/slim fit.

1|1
    0|1
  • I think women are judged more harshly on our appearance and that the way women look counts as a huge part of how we are perceived as people, and that's not entirely true for men. I'd go as far as saying that in our society a woman's beauty is her most important feature, and not her career or her goals as it is for men. A woman may be intelligent and successful in whatever she does, she will still be harshly judged for her looks. We all suffer pressure to look better than humanly possible but I do think women are more affected.

1|1
    0|1
  • i think maybe , but just as @Cloudy25 said guys don't have makeup.

1|1
    1|1
    • You are pretty cute, I wonder what will you rate me? https://www. girlsaskguys. com/qt/how-do-i-look/q2485288-doing-this-for-the-last-time-rate-me-comment-as-well

• Yes. Less pressure.

3|0
    0|1
  • Overall, yes.

1|0
    0|1
  • Correct

0|0
    0|1
  • I feel like it because their beauty isn't the focus as much as what they do; job, status

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally yes but depends on the perosn for example some people brought body hair up but I've never shaved before because for some reason I don't have body hair and for looking "young" people say I look like I'm 16 which sucks because when you apply for places and stuff they don't take you seriously. For other things it's just makeup I already have clear skin but I still like wearing a bit of makeup and for looking fit I go to the gym but not necessarily to look fit only mostly because I enjoy it for personal reasons :)

0|0
    0|1
    • Personal reasons as in looking at hot guys? ;) or you just like to exercise and staying fit ^^

• @Dalesmith I deff like exercising and staying fit but I've been going to the gym for over 4 years now and whenever I was going through hard times a while ago I used to go to the gym and somehow made me feel better lol I don't know XD but yeah looking at hot guys is good too 😏😂

• Awww you are so honest :) and 4 years wow you must have amazing body *o* I just can't seem to continue even if I want to :(

• Yes. Because it's easier for men to look attractive:

1- Men demand beauty from women more than the other way around (that's why women like old men more than men like old women);
    2- Lack of body hair on men is more acceptable than excessive body hair on women;
    3- While many women like men with feminine faces, few men like women with masculine faces (so, facially, men can look masculine or feminine, but women have to look feminine);
    4- A natural look is more acceptable on men than on women (women are influenced to want to look like perfect dolls, and many companies demand women to wear makeup, for example);
    5- Most men can grow a beard, which is the best makeup item (it can disguise an asymmetrical face, too small or too big chin, too narrow or too large jaw, chubby face, double chin);
    6- In adulthood, women suffer with acne and other skin conditions like melasma and rosacea more than men do;
    7- The glamorous look of the female celebrities make the female natural and simple beauty seem boring.
    8- Women generally have long hair (which is the male preference) while men generally have short hair, and the latter is easier to handle.

There may be more reasons, but i can't remember them right now.

I see people here saying "women have makeup"... but women have makeup because they have more pressure to look good. And i don't get why there are people saying "but men are more pressured to (...)" since we're talking about looks here, and nothing else.

3|2
    0|3
    • @GorillaOne I'm not saying it's not hard for men. But it sure is harder for women.

• @xBreezy Same for men. A pretty face and not being fat. Sometimes not even that. In what world you live that you think you must look like a greek god or a model to be attractive? Read everything i wrote again. Read at least the reason number 3. You can't say that's not true. Having an attractive face as a woman IS harder than it is for a man. And women ARE expected to look good more than men are. To say men are pressured to look good more than women are is laughable. Oh, and a pretty face comes mostly from genetics too. Makeup can only do so much.

• I don't think so. I think men are also pressured to look good, but in different ways.

0|5
    3|0
  • You tell me. We aren't even allowed to have any body hair. Hairy girls usually aren't as hairy as the average guy, why is this such a problem?

3|3
    0|1
    • Also, men gain muscle more easily and age better. They simply are (on average) more attractive and for a longer time.

• In my country both genders age equal bad and Norwegians age like milk from my experience. But there's a few who doesn't age bad too and they're the exceptions which is a minority.

• i think they just don't care what others think and don't try to impress anybody

0|1
    0|2
  • I think so

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 70

• I thinks it depends from place to place. In some countries and cultures it's more pressure to look good for women, but in others it may be different. It exists cultures where there's as much pressure for men. Example in certain tribes where tattoos, rituals that changes appearance etc. is a must to keep their pride and not bring shame over themselves or others. Since it exists so many different cultures in the world we can't say everything is like that everywhere.

In the western culture it's the ideal for a man to be physical fit, tall, have a defined jawline, have hair (Shaving your head is more 'acceptable' than male pattern baldness from my experience), right size a certain place, tan and not being too or hairy or too little hairy. There's many women who thinks being too short, too fat, too skinny, too bald, too hairy, too little hairy etc. is unattractive on a man. So men have pressure in the Western world too, but men don't talk so much about it.

In the Western culture it's ideal for a woman to have a feminine height; not being too tall. The ideal is also being slim, have clear skin, healthy long hair, having small feminine features, thick lips, tan, being feminine, having a certain size in boobs, butts, curves etc. It's also a ideal about how much makeup and styling a woman uses.

So from my experience there's pressure for both genders in the Western society. Before you other GAGers starts arguing, keep in mind that how it's where I lives and from my experience might be different than in yours. I thinks men here experience as much pressure, but they don't talk so much about it. It doesn't need to be pressure from the opposite gender or from the big society, but rather experience pressure from their "friends" and the little environment they lives in. It's pressure for men to be fit, masculine and tough looking enough for instance like how it's a pressure for women to be feminine, pretty etc.

0|1
    0|0
  • its not true every man is not handsome by birth they have to do hardwork for maintaining their physique or increasing the amount of bank account which ultimately makes him more handsome according to girls bcoz of this most beautiful girls go to wealthy men. bitter truth.

0|2
    2|0
  • overall yes. but i do think it seems like there is a growing pressure on men regarding looks that has changed over time... but still i think there is more pressure on women

i think it ultimately comes down to men being more visual creatures and thus women generally needing to be visually appealing and women aren't as visual creatures... according to science

0|2
    0|0
  • Nah. I think that's a myth. Body-wise, got to work back, shoulders, arms, chest, etc while paying attention to getting high enough calorie/protein consumption to actually gain a lot in those muscles (which takes a long period of time even if you're a male, unless you're special). This results in lame non-muscular weight gain alongside the desired muscle growth, which results in you having to schedule depressingly boring cardio sessions (talk about male suicide death rate being higher than female suicide death rate, no coincidence here at all ^^) to counter the fat gained from the bulking--something some girls appear to be taking for granted 'cause they aren't bulking and never will. Also, for some girls, height appears to matter. Can't really slap make-up on to make yourself taller. Facially, if you get any wrinkles, slapping make-up on that would be gay--just got to deal with it or wear a paperbag with a picture of an attractive guy on it over your head, but that would be slightly suspicious. People would probably find out in 5 months. Or 5 seconds if they're clever.

For girls, on the other hand, the only physical exercise that probably matters for body sculpting is squats and some cardio. Some girls already have ass without working out. Not as much cardio required since most prob aren't tryna bulk every muscle above their waist, and as a result, they don't need to eat as much.

From the looks of it, most girls who think there is significantly higher pressure on females are actually imposing that pressure on themselves. Make-up's more of a choice. Whenever I see girls with strongly visible lipstick or eyeliner, I actually find it unattractive. Stylish for a special event, maybe. But it's a simple as this: I have never read an official scientific article asserting that men are genetically programmed to be attracted to colorful chemicals/paint on faces; there's nothing sexually stimulating about it at all. Anyways, most girls look fine (sometimes even better) without make-up unless they're actually genuinely ugly (which most girls aren't); in which case, imagine what it'd be like if they were a guy: paperbag time.

0|0
    4|0
  • www.court-records.net/.../bratworth-shrug(e).gif

Yeah, there is less pressure.

Men can be more attractive in other ways. His confidence, status and power are much more effective for sexual attraction than height and looks.

1|0
    0|0
  • In a way, since men don't use makeup or wear high heels. But men do face immense pressure to be athletic, with abs and big arms (not in a bodybuilder way, but still in a way that requires dedication and exercise) and adopt certain (facial) hair styles. Ugly or short men also face the same problems as ugly women.

0|2
    1|0
  • Not at all. We may not need to add makeup, but we have more work when it comes to having a nice body. All women need to do is check what they eat and not get fat. Men gotta go to the gym for months/years to get muscles and all that.
    For the face, women have more pressure, but for the body, men have more pressure.

0|0
    2|0
  • Yeah, men aren't held to the same beauty standards as women. We don't have pressure to shave/wax our body hair or keep up with a youthful appearance.

6|0
    0|0
  • If a woman can't cut it with looks, she is merely called ugly and feels self conscious. If a man can't cut it with limited looks, he can't even greet some women without being treated like a rapist.

0|3
    1|0
  • I prefer being clean shaven, it looks better on me. I can't stand the guys out there who act like they are Gods gift to women attitude. Women are more than they appear. Inner beauty comes from within. Some have a little harder time accepting the truth than others, but it is ok. It is now known and I can be on perfect peace. Always be humble and kind

1|0
    0|0
  • Defiantly yes...
    But for a few reasons...
    1. A women's heart is split between his wallet and his looks... he doesn't have to look that great as long as he can financial take care of her... that is sometimes more important to her

As for women... they don't really offer much in terms of exchange other than their attractiveness (not including the emotional connection since that comes from both sides)... so the competition is fierce

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh come on, we all know women have 1,000 times the pressure we do. No one judges a beer belly on a guy... but everyone judges a girl with even a small beer gut.

1|0
    0|0
  • The thing is that men wouldn't follow the standards even if they are aimed at them. Men would never wear makeup, men don't want to spend 3 hours in a washroom, that would be a waste of life

2|0
    0|0
  • Look at Rupert Murdoch or Peter Stringfelow, my scrotum looks better than their faces, and women find them attractive, I bet I could cop off with a woman young enough to be my granddaughter if I had money.

0|2
    1|0
  • Depending on the country and culture. American guys don't really have an obligation which we are lucky to not have. Basically if girls see we wear very fashionable clothing and if they are the slightest bit of tight they think we are for the other sex. They prefer us to wear baggy clothing and look like we just woke up from bed. There are some women though out there who do like a cleaned up guy. I would say us American guys have it a little easier.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Not all guys are not blessed with good looks. So all the average community of guys have to work on how they smell, physique, what they wear, hair, beard and all the stuff we can work on.

0|3
    2|0
  • Hell no lol. No girl. Want to hang out with dingy looking guy. Hell i dont even like my homies looking bad. It shows a lot about u when u dont put effort in.

Your clothes talk. And they day a lot about u.

I always make sure i look clean

0|0
    0|0
  • No i gotta do a lot get a edge up every other day haircut every two weeks, line my facial hair up, pluck my unibrow every other day, do my hair before i go out make sure my gear is clean not wrinkly or dirty shoes but thats just me lol

0|0
    0|0
  • if they want to date yes, i would say they have a lot of pressure. I personally always dress in sporty clothes so not really much pressure here haha.

1|2
    0|0
  • Absolutely. A lot of men don't care at all, which leads to them not putting much effort in. They're told that their personality is enough, and sometimes it is, but it usually isn't.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think its the same Women want men to be tal, dark and handsome and with decent money (to live)

And women need to be hot, young looking and slim

0|3
    0|0
  • I walk around in sweatpants and a random shirt that i dont even look at before wearing. Im pretty sure i have no pressure at all lol

3|0
    0|0
  • Are you fucking kidding? Be an ugly guy and swipe on tinder and see for yourself! I am ugly and got no matches. Looks is a bigger deal than you think! People fuck up or across nobody fucks down.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe women put more pressure on themselves to look nice, but men are under more pressure to be nice and gentlemanly

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure, but we have to make more money instead. A guy going broke is the same as a girl getting wrinkles, both are equally unattractive.

1|0
    1|0
  • We have less competition, so if you're a sharp dressed man you stand out waaaay more than a nicely dressed woman.

1|0
    0|0
  • Men put less pressure on themselves, than women put on themselves.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would say yes but men are also very pressured to look good.

0|2
    0|0
  • ur all coming up with very delusional nonsense in this thread. Almost every female is attractive with good skin, hair and makeup. The things that make a guy attractive-EVERYTHING. Bone structure, features, height, dick, frame etc, u need it all to be attractive as a guy. Women are delusional as fuck in this thread keeping the standards for the average man as the top 5% of men because those are the men that exist in their mind. Also building a good body as a man is FAR tougher than building the female standards of a good body. We have to face male pattern baldness a lot of times. The difference is HUGE. There is MUCH more pressure to look good as a man than a woman.

0|0
    2|0
  • It is important to Care about ur style , body and hygiene, but don't do cosmatics in ur face features.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes