Do you know how to tie a tie? How often do you do it?

Do you know how to tie a tie? How often do you do it?
I do. Never really wore one myself (expected since I'm a girl) but I learned how to do it after seeing my dad struggling with it from since he was lawyer (I guess I was 7), looked up for a tutorial on the internet and discovered that I was so much better than him doing it. Since then, I am the one who does it for him every morning before he leaves to work.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I learned to tie a tie when I was 15 or 16. My grandfather taught me how to do it. I don't wear them often. Just on formal occasions.

That's sweet of you to tie it for your dad every morning :)

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• The Marine Corp is where learned, and they may have a video on how to tie one, go to YOUTube and check out Marines Corp or boot camp videos, they are easy and girls can wear them too

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, my dad showed me when I was twelve. I do it mostly for church and when my school allowed students to dress up as our chosen career paths. Mine was a doctor prior to ninth grade.

1|0
    0|0
  • I really don't, but it's something I really need to learn how to do lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I can, I'm just poor at doing so. But luckily I hardly ever need to

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do, military we had to learn.

I've also learned how to tie a bow tie, but I'm terrible at it and have to look it up every time I try.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh my God...@natalieishere, you have a great father-daughter relationship. 😊😃 yeah I also know how to tie a tie. Learnt from father.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do because I'm a dancer and in the dance I do we wear ties often

1|0
    0|0
  • HAHA !

Nope! How bad is that? All the "fashion ties"I wear from Japan are self done. lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's easy. My school uniform in school required a lame neck tie.

1|0
    0|0
  • that's a very sweet girl it's not complicated but it is

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• I do not know how to. My boyfriend does though. So I guess it doesn't matter that I don't know how.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have never tied a tie before and it looks very intimidating.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't but wish I did.

1|0
    0|0
  • no...

1|0
    0|0
  • Yup I do but I never have to wear a tie lol

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes