How can I feel confident when wearing nice things?

I have a lot of really cool clothes in my closet, but always wear the same small group of bum stuff (big hoodies, old t shirts, etc). And when I pick out a nice outfit to wear, I think, "It's too nice/dressy" and change the outfit. But I could see another girl wear the same exact outfit to class and think, "Wow! I wish that I could look that good for class!" And my nice clothes aren't even uncomfortable, I don't buy uncomfortable things.
I like seeing myself in nice clothes. I overcame disordered eating (binging, and then when I "recovered", ate basically nothing; but I'm healthy now) and it feels great to see my new body in my nice clothes. But I won't wear them out! I always have some excuse like "I'll wear it at this event" or "I'll look stuck up if I wear that".

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Throw the not so nice clothes away. Start little by little. You don't have to go all in at first, try for a dress with a jacket that makes you feel comfortable. Try the hoodie with some shorts add a bunch of chokers/necklaces. Wear the old t-shirts with your hair up in a bun and some earrings maybe

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• it's all about the attitude sugar u can wear rags and still be confident it's all about your attitude

0|0
    0|0
  • just try new everyday.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Pick out the outfit you like the night before. When you get ready in the morning, leave the clothing for last. Put on the clothes and walk out the door. Don't look in the mirror, don't give yourself the opportunity to second guess. Just put it on and walk out.

1|0
    0|0
  • it's definitely about the confidence and attitude. if your makeup and hair is done nicely you can wear whatever i think! i always dress extra when i go out ( like duster coats and dresses and shit). maybe to help you normalize it follow some style bloggers? like janice joostema for example. i also think it depends on where you live. if you live somewhere like kansas then it's not as commom to dress extra as it would be in new york or la

0|0
    0|0
  • Start by wearing the nicer clothes at home so you get used to wearing them & feel natural in them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes