How can I feel confident when wearing nice things?

I have a lot of really cool clothes in my closet, but always wear the same small group of bum stuff (big hoodies, old t shirts, etc). And when I pick out a nice outfit to wear, I think, "It's too nice/dressy" and change the outfit. But I could see another girl wear the same exact outfit to class and think, "Wow! I wish that I could look that good for class!" And my nice clothes aren't even uncomfortable, I don't buy uncomfortable things.
I like seeing myself in nice clothes. I overcame disordered eating (binging, and then when I "recovered", ate basically nothing; but I'm healthy now) and it feels great to see my new body in my nice clothes. But I won't wear them out! I always have some excuse like "I'll wear it at this event" or "I'll look stuck up if I wear that".

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Throw the not so nice clothes away. Start little by little. You don't have to go all in at first, try for a dress with a jacket that makes you feel comfortable. Try the hoodie with some shorts add a bunch of chokers/necklaces. Wear the old t-shirts with your hair up in a bun and some earrings maybe