Wanting a pixie cut.. but my hair may not be suitable for it. Opinions?

Wanting a pixie cut.. but my hair may not be suitable for it. Opinions?Wanting a pixie cut.. but my hair may not be suitable for it. Opinions?Wanting a pixie cut.. but my hair may not be suitable for it. Opinions?

My hair currently. Its thick, got quite a few waves and i get the strangest bedhead in the morning.
I have an appointment with my hair dresser on Friday, but i went down there to talk with her earlier today, and she said she didn't think the cut would work well with my hair, because of the waves and thickness. She told me to do some more research and thinking by Friday, so here i am, seeking opinions and ideas..

I dont want to style it everyday by straightening it, or curling it, although i dont mind straightening a wild bedhead, as long as it isn't the whole head. I dont mind using products either, as long as the time it takes is no longer than 10 - 15 minutes max. Even though i want short hair, i still want it to be feminine.. And the most important is that i have an exposed neck. Definitely want that. Here are a few pictures of what i had in mind.
Wanting a pixie cut.. but my hair may not be suitable for it. Opinions?So a "long" pixie.. I realise those curls are styled, and not natural.. Maybe i would just have less curls, my natural hair? Would that be pretty?Wanting a pixie cut.. but my hair may not be suitable for it. Opinions?Her hair seems thin and fine, unlike mine.. what do you think? Would it look okay with my hair?

If you dont think i could work one of these, maybe you have an idea/pictures of a short haircut that would work? =)

Oh and yes, i do want to dye my hair pink! A light pastel pink, like the last photo. Although, that is a coincidence. They just happened to have pink hair too. :P

Thanks!

115

Most Helpful Guy

• you are a really beautiful woman with gorgeous eyes
    the pixie cut would just take away from it.
    maybe shoulder length hair with a side split with those waves that you have would look amazing

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thats basically what i got now. :P And thank you. :)

• haha
      we wouldn't min swing the new look though
      not because of any perverse reasons , but just out of curiosity

• I'm also curious. I really think i have to try at least once in my life. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It looks like your hair might be too thin for a pixie cut... but maybe it'll look good - your best bet is to ask your hairstylist.

by the way - the pixie cut girl has thick hair - really thick hair. It just doesn't seem so because it's been thinned out to make it look more 'together'.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I did ask my stylist. She said she didn't think it would work, because my hair is TOO thick, and because of my waves. She said to research some more... here i am.

• Oh... well... Maybe ask for another stylist's opinion?
      Not all of them have the same opinions... or tastes...

All I can tell you for SURE is that pixie cuts look best on either heart or round faces (any with a pointed chin and a soft jawline) - and you have a square one - which -in my opinion- doesn't mesh well with a pixie cut.