Is it wrong to want a manlier guy and reject this "nice" guy?

So firstly I have yet to meet this guy in person (we first chatted about a class we have together.) And yet I can't help but feel he likes me already (way too fast for me). I could be wrong, but either way my actual problem is i'm not at all attracted to him, he's a good looking guy, but he's too girly for me. I am not even that girly, I was always sorta into manlier things like cars, sports, hiking, etc. The more I find out about him, the more turned off I am. I'm not saying I want a wrestler or a really macho guy, but I want to feel like a girl when I'm with a guy, and not like I am manlier than him or that I have to take on ALL the dominating qualities. he's a really nice guy, but I always see backlash given to girls because they dont "give the nice guy a chance". Now i'm starting to think the rejection is justified for some of them.

• Yes, its wrong because...
  • No, you can be attracted to whoever you like

730

Most Helpful Guy

• Your poll is backing me into a corner here.

No, it's not wrong at all. Women are wired to desire guys who can lead/protect, just as men are wired to desire girls who will support/follow him. It's simple biology.

So no, it's not wrong for you to not like this guy because he doesn't fit that kind of criteria. By all means, set him as a friend.

But I'm not gonna say you should just go wherever your attraction leads you. I mean, that's partly why Hitler got so powerful. Many a German woman immediately ripped their clothes off and blindly followed his words like they were written in stone.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Ugh no lol, I was explaining to another that Im not looking for a lucha libre, just whatever is "normal". Its even weird saying that because you can't really judge what is normal. But whatever it is, I think this guy is just below whats normal, and its too sensitive/girly for me

• I understand that, and it's perfectly fine. I'm just making sure you're not one of those "the heart wants what it wants" types.

Most Helpful Girl

• Did you give him a chance? Or did you decide that he's too much of a pretty boy and spend the date finding reasons to validate that stance? If you don't feel anything for him that's okay, you can't force emotions. But it's pretty unrealistic to turn someone down because they don't fit this fantasy you've played out in your head. If you haven't heard him out and tried to find any compatibility then I suggest you try it. He might just surprise you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE