How old do I need to be to get a tattoo?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• U need to be 18, but if ur parents dont mind u getting a tattoo then they will have to sign. But u are 13, some people make stupid tattoo. A guy had tattoo in rare parts of his body and colorful, black and white and tbh he looked weird.

Just give yourself some time, maybe when u are in hs if ur parents agree of u getting a tattoo, and really decode on what u want and not regret later.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 28

• legally without parental control it would be 18 in the USA. with parental concern some states allow 16 year olds to get them. that's not saying that if you know someone who. dose tattooing that they could do it when your younger. I have tattoos. and the only thing I would tell anyone who is planning on getting any is. just remember it's going to be with you for the rest of your life

0|0
    0|0
  • 17-18. If you do it younger, there's a chance you're still growing, which means your skin is still stretching to fit your body. If you get a tattoo before your body is done growing/changing, the tattoo will also stretch and become distorted

0|0
    0|0
  • I was 15 when I got my first one. Give it some time and really think about it because I don't really regret getting it but I definitely regret what it is and who did it

0|0
    0|0
  • As old as you want...
    With some permission

Haggle some old lady to pretend to be your mother lol

0|0
    0|0
    • my mommy says I can get one but I need to pay for it form my pocket

• Show All
    • Seems like you're all good to go then...
      let us know when you figure out how much and decide to get it..

• 18 or with parents there giving permission to do so. Very rare that'll happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's when you reach high school. My girlfriend told me that she got her first tattoo when she was 16.

0|0
    0|0
  • 18 with out a parent under 18 an adult to approve it

0|1
    0|0
  • After you officially become an adult. Until then, ask mommy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Any age with parents permission or 18 without. My mother is a tattoo artist so I know.

0|0
    0|0
  • if it's a licensed shop, 18. unless your 16 I believe and get a parents permission.

0|0
    0|0
  • so it depends. I got my dirst one when i was 15 from a family friend who owns his own shop

0|0
    0|0
  • 16 with a parents permission or 18 on your own

0|0
    0|0
  • no...

0|0
    0|0
  • In most states in the u. s. you have to be 18.

0|0
    0|0
  • 21 sounds legit

0|0
    0|0
  • 18.. what tattoo do you want?

0|0
    0|0
  • 18 I take it not 13

0|0
    0|0
  • 18 years old

0|0
    0|0
  • you have to be 18 to get a tattoo

0|0
    0|0
  • don't know. call some shops and ask.

0|0
    0|0
  • 18 without a parent 16 with

0|0
    0|0
  • 16 without a parent 18

0|0
    0|0
  • ur wish...

0|0
    0|0
  • at least 16 in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • 18 i think thats when my sister got it

0|0
    0|0
  • it's all depends on you

0|0
    0|0
  • depends where you are. why do you want one?

0|0
    0|0
  • till you're mature enough to get one

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• If your skin looks like it has given out, you're ready. Just Kidding. It's up to you but I suggest 18 or 21, be sober and make sure you shop around for the parlor.

0|0
    0|0
  • Here in The Netherlands it's 16 with parental permission and 18 without parents

0|0
    0|0
  • 18, but some places will do it younger.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eighteen.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my state it's 18

0|0
    0|0
  • 18-21 depending. But don't do it until you're 23 or so and have some taste. Teenagers just get the worst, fuckiest, stupid tattoos.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm getting a flower

• Show All
    • I really want a flower though :(

• Then pull together all sorts of artwork of flowers. Look at everything from cutesy, cartoony to elegant and fine art like. Work on this for several years, teach yourself to draw if you can, and design the most exceptional flower you can imagine. Then have a tattoo artist help you adapt it to tattoo style and perfect it. THEN get it. When you are 23. Make it the most excellent thing anyone has ever seen.

Recommended myTakes