Girls, how do you get your hair to grow out so long? Do you really trim it every couple of months or do you never cut it?

Do hair straighteners prevent hair growth?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• The idea of trimming it every couple of months is meant to get rid of split ends. If you NEVER get split ends, then trimming it is unnecessary. People give that particular advice because pretty much EVERYBODY gets split ends every now and then.

So I guess the fastest way to grow out your hair is to avoid trimming it as much as possible, which means avoiding split ends as much as possible. In other words, if you work hard to prevent split ends, you won't have to trim it; and if you don't have to trim it, it will grow faster.

3|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Time and patience. Hair only grows for most people in good health, 1/2 an inch a month. Growth depends on your nutrition, how often you are cutting/trimming, and if you have healthy hair/scalp that will help promote growth to begin with.

How can you get say 6 inches more of hair growth if you are trimming an inch off every month? It's counterintuitive to hair growth to keep relentlessly cutting/trimming your hair. Trim if you have verifiable split ends, and NOT because a magazine or a hair dresser says you "need" to cut your hair.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• I hear that trimming your hair on the ends makes it grow faster.

1|0
    0|0
  • cut the split ends to maintain them

and regular trimming promotes growth

1|0
    0|0
  • Vitamins

1|0
    0|0
  • I think they don't cut it often

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 19

• I used to wear my hair below my waist. I cut it myself when I saw there were split ends (about every half year). I never used any heat.

The heat of blow dryers, straighteners and curling irons can damage the hair and make it break easier, so it does has a sort of influence.

1|0
    0|0
    • So you cut it for yourself every half year?

• Show All
    • Thank you❤️

• You're welcome! 😄

• I had my hair hip length until a few weeks ago. It used to neve4 grow. I used natural organic chemical free hair products, coconut oil to straighten my hair, drink 3lts of water a day (90oz-100oz) , not tie my hair up so much, get blood circulation to my scalp. I only trimmed if i REALLY had to. I also noticed a lot of growth after going to vegan from vegetarian. So eating healthy helped too

1|0
    0|0
    • Never* Sorry tired spelling.

• Thank you ❤️ coconut oil straightens hair?

• you're welcome! Its a great heat protection. Youd never guess the hair was heat treated! (:

• So at first I cut my hair shoulder length like this :
    cdn3-elle.ladmedia.fr/.../...utomne-hiver-2016.jpg

Then I let it grow more than 3 years without cutting or trim it and my hair is below my waist now.
    I wash it one time per week during 3 years I only used normal shampoo (without anything special in it) and since some month (maybe like 4) I use a conditioner too. I put some coconut oil on the end of my hair the day of my shampoo. My hair is perfectly healthy and shiny ^-^

After it depend on your hair to begin, if you doesn't have thick hair then it's better to cut 1 cm every 3 month to get thicker and stronger hair. Personally like I have a good nature of hair naturally I don't really need to do a lot of hair care to maintain my hair healthy.

0|1
    0|0
  • coconut oil helps. massage it into your scalp on a night. when you wash it off but shampoo on your head and rub it in a bit before you wet it. this will help lift the oil out of your hair. coconut oil is known for promoting hair growth. do this on the night before you wash your hair so it can soak in over night

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't cut my hair

I only wash hair with water and essential oils, milk, dead sea salt

I comb hair with wooden tooth comb

I try to relax a lot

I sleep 8 hours at least everyday

I braid my hair, no fancy hairstyles

I massage hair with coconut oil

I wash it probably every 2 - 3 months

When I do wash it I air dry it

0|0
    0|0
  • Cutting off bhair can help with the length in the sense that it prevents your hair from essentially breaking off. If you notice roots, but no additional length, it's likely that your hair is breaking and subsequently not looking longer. Obviously heating tools damage the hair and make this issue worse.

The best thing to do is to take care of your hair and consider a biotin supplement.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never get it trimmed or cut, i just use products to keep it healthy. I use a leave in conditioner spray by loreal and a protein spray by beyond the zone. I find those two, keep my hair amazingly healthy and shiny.

0|0
    0|0
  • Trimming stimulates hair growth and removes split ends. Get it trimmed about an inch every couple of months. Straighteners damage your hair... so yeah it's best to avoid them but if you use them make sure you do lots of hair treatments and protections.

0|0
    0|0
  • my hair is by my waist. yes i do get it trimmed every 3 months, cut 3 inches off. i never use hair straighteners or curling irons. I don't know how to use them that's why lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly trimmed it a little bit and then just waited for a while and it was to my shoulders now it is to my mid back, it did take a couple of years though to get it that long.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just trim my hair every few months. I never cut it short before. It's about to the middle of my back now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I cut it twice a year. And; no, straighteners do not prevent hair growth.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't cut it

1|0
    0|1
  • Around 3 years

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I have to cut it quite often.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, hair straighteners prevent hair growth. The use of hair straightener creates more split ends and it makes the condition of your hair worse.
    To improve the condition of your hair:
    - Wash it 2-3 times a week.
    - Consume protein.
    - Use a wide-toothed comb instead of a paddle brush.
    - Do not use heat. I use my cooling fan to dry it in the summer.
    - Scalp massages combined with any oil you like (argan, olive, grapeseed, avocado, coconut... any of it helps).
    - Trim your dead ends. I find it better to do it on my own, because I can control the length I cut.
    - Use alcohol-free hair products.
    - If you dye it, try to touch up the roots every 3 months, instead of every month.

1|0
    0|0
  • I really just never cut mine, even though the ends get kind of fried looking. Trimming does not make hair grow faster - that's just an old wive's tale.

Hair straighteners can damage the hair shaft over time and many women experience hair breakage, but hair will still continue to grow.

The only thing I have ever seen that appreciably benefits hair growth is taking pre-natal vitamins (which are good for you even if you are not pregnant).

1|0
    0|0
  • I trim the tips every so often but I never had to let it grow. It only grows and inch or so back.

0|0
    0|0
  • My hairs length is untill my butt its very long, i just eat healthy and been taking vitamins, and noticed since i stopped dyeing and straightening my hair its been growing way more, some ppls hair just grows faster than some ppls aswell, and i have not cut mine so ur choice whether you wanna keep cutting ur split ends it just makes it look healthy aswell

1|0
    0|0
    • By the way i have heard of horse shampoo helping for hair growth aswell it doesn't smell as good but i remember when i was younger it had helped

Recommended myTakes