Why is it ok for guys to have a belly but girls its not?

Like you walk round the beach an noone cares if a guy has a small beer belly but girls get a hard time. not fair!!!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It isn't OK for guys to have bellies. It's just maybe overlooked more by women when they look see attraction in men, than guys overlook it on women. Some pug is acceptable in my eyes. But it's hard to get around a really big belly on anyone.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's actually the opposite. Guys get crap for having a few extra pounds on them while on women it translates as curves. An attractive body in women is more flexible than in men

0|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 32

• The mid section fat is some of the worst fat we have. Those beta~2 receptors
    Its looks almost equally bad on men and women, women can get away with looking sexier with a little tummy chub. On a guy though not so much. The tapered in abdomen is a badge worth getting, its a true sign of being athletic and fit

0|0
    0|0
  • So you mean to say that a guy with a six pack will get the same reaction as a fat guy? I think you're just being self conscious about it, most people at the beach couldn't care less about your belly unless it's enjoyable to look at, I've never seen a woman get treated badly because of her belly at the beach

0|0
    0|0
  • Society and other women are so quick to judge, it's a shame. A little extra is perfectly acceptable to me. I wouldn't want a big gut like some guys have lol, but to expect a perfect "model" body is unrealistic.

0|0
    0|0
  • the ones giving girls a hard time for little gut are OTHER GIRLS
    guys accept the ladies with the gut that they bring

0|1
    0|0
  • Why do you think it is "allowed" for one but not for the other? What makes you think "no one cares"?

Women feel pressure to have a flat stomach, men feel pressure to have six-pack abs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure, by nature women are suppose to be fat anyways to nurture baby and stuff. Never really thought a man having a belly is ok though. If they look healthy then fuck it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm totally fine with girls having a belly but I think the people who aren't ok with it are just pressured by society to think woman need to look a certain way

0|1
    0|0
  • Well😂 both are not allowed to have belly and specially girls shouldn't have belly cause it increases risk of breast/ovary cancers

0|0
    0|0
  • For the same reason it's ok for girls to have boobs, but not ok for men to have moobs

1|0
    0|0
  • Women's sexual market value is dictated by their youth, fertility, beauty and weight.

0|1
    1|0
  • It's okay for neither
    guys usually don't care
    because women always say the don't mind a belly on a guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really like your belly. I remember your bikini post. your stunning

0|1
    0|0
  • I see what you mean. Its one of those double standards i never understood.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think its same for both, but girls tend to think about it and feel about it bit more. Guys just show the attitude they don't care !!

0|0
    0|0
  • How will you fit into those nice jeans with a large belly?

0|0
    0|0
  • why is it ok for women to discriminate against a man based on his earning but a guy is shallow if he judges a woman based on her looks?

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls with bellies get a hard time with walking around on the beach?

0|0
    0|0
  • beer belly is not done too actually, but its just the standards of society

0|0
    0|0
  • well i dont think there is anything like this, may be u r over concerned about this

0|0
    0|0
  • girls body attracts men a lot... i don't think it's the same with men.. may b that's why

0|0
    0|1
  • I think its look sexy on girls. Not problem for me :)

0|0
    2|0
  • nice question actually.

1|0
    0|0
  • agree. chunky girls are more fun anyways

0|2
    0|0
  • It isn't fair , blame society and their standards

0|1
    0|0
  • Its OK to have it or not have it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Society.

0|0
    0|0
  • double standarts, sic people

0|0
    0|0
  • popular culture

0|0
    0|0
  • Who says girls get hard time for that? It's sexy.

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't like my belly, I need to lose some of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• belly on a guy isn't ok with me lol. I only want flat stomach guys bc I have a flat stomach and I feel like I deserve to have a guy that works as hard as I do to keep my stomach flat.

1|0
    0|0
  • Screw them, next time you are at the beach walk around with your belly pushed out and say, " What you staring at bitch "!!! You need to not care what others think.

1|0
    0|0
  • For the same reason it's ok for girls to stay home, or work low paying jobs, but for guys it's not. Different genders focus on different things.

0|1
    0|0
  • Who said it's not ok? I think guys can still be sexy with a belly, I don't think girls can be that's why I stay in shape.

0|0
    1|0
  • Over here we don't care about anyone having a belly but no one likes a big belly on anyone here.

0|0
    0|0
  • not okay for guys or girls

0|0
    0|0
  • it is not okay for guys either

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes