Relaxed hair or natural hair on a black woman?

Which do you think is prettier?
  • natural curls
    Vote A
  • straighten, sleeked look
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the girl, honestly. Some girls look better with one than the other.

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Very true like my natural hair doesn't look good in my opinion. I like having relaxed her better.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's better to respect your natural beauty. I'm not a guy but I always admire black women who have healthy natural hair. Black women can grow long hair too contrary to popular belief.

4|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • My mom never wore extensions and had hair down her back, so did her mom, they wondered what happened to mine. I have mixed hair and it's soft so it breaks, which is probably why, but it grows fast which I got from my mom's side which is full black.

• Show All
    • wow. thanks for your explanation.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• If you decide to use harsh chemicals/relaxers beware, this is why a lot of black women lost too much hair! It's not worth it unless you want to be stuck wearing wigs most of your life.

I prefer Natural as long as it does not involve super short hair, knots, dreads or anything that makes you look butch.

The volume va-voom one is really nice and a bunch of the rest (the ones that don't go against my preferences above) here: therighthairstyles.com/.../

1|0
    2|0
  • It's whatever they wanna wear, and what looks good.. But, natural is always better.. Especially for "Black" women..

3|0
    0|0
  • Definitely natural. Love it when Afro women just let their hair do its thing.
    ~JSmith

2|0
    0|0
  • I think it can be done both ways. Me personally, I like The natural look... SZA would be a good example

1|0
    0|0
  • Regardless of race I think the longer and straighter the hair the better.

1|0
    2|0
  • Curls.

2|0
    0|0
  • natural on top and trimmed down there

0|0
    3|0
  • straight but without all the oils and whatever

1|0
    3|0

What Girls Said 10

• natural curls 100000%
    nothing on earth like the beauty of a black womans natural curls. incomparable! so beautiful.
    not that black women with relaxed hair or other styles aren't beautiful, I just really like natural curls.

2|0
    0|0
  • I like all hair types! I believe black women can rock natural and straightened hair. I wish I could pull of curls, a girl can only dream :(

1|0
    0|0
    • sometimes I wish I could pull off natural curls too but my hair is natural hair is so ugly

• Natural.
    For a long time i would flatiron my hair (dont do chemicals) because my curly never stay how i wanted it to but now i do natural. I do wear weave sometimes but lately i haven't.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like the relaxed look. It looks... I'm not sure how to explain it. It also does a lot of damage.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like both. Just like my hair sometimes I like texture sometimes I like straight. Depends on where you're going and what you're wearing. I voted natural becuae that usually looks good for everything.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love my natural hair, I think black women look better with it. Sure straight hair looks good on everyone and extensions is okay sometimes.

2|0
    0|0
  • I prefer to wear my hair straight, but natural is much better for the hair. I won't be getting another relaxer for a very long time, too much breakage

1|0
    0|0
  • Natural hair is gorgeous.

1|0
    0|0
  • My hair is natural... lol
    It is for the best.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sis... asking this on a white website won't do you justice. Half of these white men prefer a curly haired exxxotical. Next

3|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes