How do I get over my anxiety of wearing a bikini in public?

I've gone through major body image issues for years (always thinking that I'm fat, no matter how much I ran/exercised/etc); I'm getting a lot better though, and even bought my first bikini the other day, and for once, really liked how I look in it! I feel comfortable in it in the dressing room/at home, but was invited to a pool party tomorrow and am a little nervous; I've been to this house with the same people many times for years, but always wore a one piece.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Remember how comfortable and how gorgeous you look in it when you were at home and be confident in yourself and that your friends will see it that way too.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think once you do it, you'll start to care less and less about what people think. You'll just have to get over the first 10 mins and then jump in a pool! Have a great time and you'll forget about all your worries. If you feel happy, you'll look happy and everyone will take notice of your glow - not your bikini.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• my fiance went through the same thing but she slowly started wearing more and more revealing clothes. she realized how her hard work was paying off and that she did look good and sexy. I suggest take the plunge and start wearing more revealing clothes and a revealing swimsuit.

0|0
    0|0
  • there are some things that worked for me and worked everyone that in suggested it to.
    I used to do counselling for people with depression, social anxiety, body image isssues, self harm etc.
    worked on every single one

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you seen the people at the beach? I'm sure no one will even bat an eye.

1|0
    0|0
  • Think about not wearing one. Wearing one will feel so much more secure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gradually practice. Maybe go to a public pool in a bikini so that you don't know the people there so it's a bit of practice

0|0
    0|0
  • Just put the bikini on and bust through the silly barrier in your head

0|0
    0|0
  • Be bold and show us here. I bet you'll get a tonne of compliments

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Just wear and forget what you are wearing. it will be fine

0|0
    0|0
  • Just bite the bullet and give it a try.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes