How do I get over my anxiety of wearing a bikini in public?

I've gone through major body image issues for years (always thinking that I'm fat, no matter how much I ran/exercised/etc); I'm getting a lot better though, and even bought my first bikini the other day, and for once, really liked how I look in it! I feel comfortable in it in the dressing room/at home, but was invited to a pool party tomorrow and am a little nervous; I've been to this house with the same people many times for years, but always wore a one piece.

38

Most Helpful Guy

• Remember how comfortable and how gorgeous you look in it when you were at home and be confident in yourself and that your friends will see it that way too.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think once you do it, you'll start to care less and less about what people think. You'll just have to get over the first 10 mins and then jump in a pool! Have a great time and you'll forget about all your worries. If you feel happy, you'll look happy and everyone will take notice of your glow - not your bikini.