LETS TALK ABOUT SE... wait no MAKE-UP? Why wear it?

Girls why do you wear it? (SELECT WHICH PHRASE APPLIES TO YOU)
Guys why do you think girls wear it? (SELECT WHICH PHRASE YOU THINK THEY THINK)
  • (Cover up)(I'm insecure with my appearance)(Im ugly and look better with it)
    Vote A
  • (I enjoy doing it)(Its fun)(I like highlighting my features)
    Vote B
  • (Guys like it)
    Vote C
  • (I don't wear it)
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Please give reason for your answer, and if girl say what you wear and why.

Personally I don't like make-up, i might wear it for a party for fun but no other reason.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, I love that intro on how you started this post!!!

I really have no problem with girls who wear or don't wear make up. It's not a win/lose situation but majority of guys don't really care just as long as they like you in the inside they will like you in the outside too.

In terms of insecurities, I understand how social media portrays beauty into tricking women to thinking they look unattractive without makeup but in reality there's really no big difference.

You are who you are 😁

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I almost away never wear makeup. At all (like, no powder, no concealer, and the likes). Not because I hate it or I think that it's better to wear no makeup, I just like the bare-faced me haha :D. Plus, I don't have makeup tools and the knowledge to use them.

However, if there's a party or special occassion, I usually wear transparent powder and dark red lipstick. Otherwise I don't wear makeup, even to the mall.

I'm a maniac for skin care and hairstyles though :D.

1|0
    0|0
    • That is great that you think like that, Im like that too with make-up. I like hairstyles too, well i got a 1m of hair to do it with so haha, and thanks for the great reason.

• Wow, we're so similar!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• I think it depends. some will use it to enhance their natural features, while others will use it to create new features. I could understand how the media makes girls unhappy about their appearance though, even if they look great

1|0
    0|0
  • To look better for others and feel better with themselves.

I know I'll get shit for this, but the same girls that will shit on me, are the same ones who said they won't go on a date without makeup for fear of turning the guy off...
    I asked a question on here a few months ago and most girls said that... the same girls that say they wear makeup for themselves :/

1|0
    0|0
  • I asked my girlfriend and she said she does makeup not to show off to other boys but to make other girls jealous

1|0
    0|0
  • They wear makeup to enhance their looks. Some do a better job of applying it than others. In fact, some do such a poor job that it makes them look worse. I've seen many "naturally" pretty females apply makeup when they need none at all. I think that it distracts from their natural beauty.

2|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a mix of 1 and 3 and the media helps with creating both of those illusions by showing you all photo shopped models

1|0
    0|0
  • I think girls wear it cuz they're ugly without it

1|0
    3|0
  • A certainly seems to be the most famous reason.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• I don't wear any cosmetics.

The reason behind it is. The pores on our skin open and can allow chemicals to flow into our bloodstream. This obviously is very dangerous, majority of these aromatic compounds are highly unstable and can can cling on to DNA strands and cause damage to the DNA this in turn can cause disease.

I only use home-made organic ingredients on my face that are 100 percent edible.

My normal routine is:
    1. Wash face with warm water
    2. Use face wooden scrub
    *sometimes I apply cold rice water
    3. Moisturise with aragan/coconut oil
    4. After 30 minutes I use a cotton ice pack
    5. I always carry little jar of coconut oil to moisturise my lips

My face might not look perfect but I know none of these products harm my skin.

I also exercise every day. I walk every other day for 3 - 4 hours. I drink a lot of water. I try my best to eat healthy portions of fruit, vegetables, nuts, fats, carbohydrates and meat, dairy these are usually all home made and organic.
    I also sleep a lot. I do meditate and de stress.

My skin care routine is my life style.

1|0
    1|0
  • I loveeee wearing makeup. It varies between glamor makeup or natural. For every day, I wear a "natural" look. And, for me, it's not about insecurities. It's just a hobby that I'm into and love doing even on other people.

1|0
    0|0
  • A mixture of all three, but mainly because it's an expected social bare minimum. You wear makeup, people in general approve of you more & are nicer to you. Heh, as long as it's not overboard. If you do the same thing on a certain day try it once without makeup & again with nice makeup & see the difference. If I wasn't expected to wear it (by guys & girls) I totally wouldn't

1|0
    0|0
  • Im too tomboyish for that. I hate the smell of foundation and lipstick (2 things i had to wear from ages 3-7 while a ballerina) so aside from then, i have never worn makeup. Lipgloss on occasion but hardly that too

0|0
    0|0
  • I choose the second option because it applies on me perfectly. I wear make up because I like. Well, obviously I don't wear make up everywhere and every time but I like wearing it. It gives me confidence.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's fun to put on makeup but I've recently stopped wearing it because I'm lazy and I'm always late for everything when I have to apply it first, haha.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a bit of both tbh I like wearing it because it boosts my self esteem. But it's also fun to apply. I do have breakouts here and there and it's nice to cover them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I barely wear it but when I do it's usually just because I just want that extra pop and it's fun to experiment with

2|0
    0|0
  • i only wear makeup for few occasions like party. for daily i only go with powder and lip balm.

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah i like highlighting my features. i feel awesome w it :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Because it accents what I have... and it's fun to change my look.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm hideous and look better with it.
    Doesn't mean I look pretty tho lol

0|0
    0|0
    • I can tell you one thing, I bet your a hell of a lot prettier looking then that animated girl you have as profile. Your pretty if you think it or not.

Recommended myTakes