Despite being naturally more beautiful than men, why do women wear makeup?

Women are naturally more beautiful and good looking than men.
Yet it's the women who go to beauty salons, do beauty treatments and wear makeup. Women naturally have lot less body and facial hair than men , yet it's the women who are lot more into body hair removal.

Women, shouldn't it be the men who should be doing beauty treatments, body hair removal and go-to beauty salons lot more because men " need" all this while women don't need it. ... they are already Naturally better and more beautiful.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it'd be quite flattering if a guy would do those kind of things to make himself handsome for the woman in his life but I think there's a few reasons.

1. We've been told by all kinds of media that that's what we're expected/required to do since we were little
    2. Companies have exploited this & tied these beauty treatments with 'being a normal female' like they have with men & sports or working out.
    3. In the same way the media tends to shame men for doing things to care for their skin or health (and I don't know why). So people have that expectation in their minds.
    4. A lot of women, even if it might be subconscious tie being a successful person with people thinking they're beautiful. Like, stunningly beautiful, and if they're not looking stunningly beautiful, feel guilty, anxious or ashamed within themselves.
    5. Routine. Much of this has become so mundane that it's now "just something that you do". Putting on make up, getting waxed, doing your hair, your nails, buying products. There's a comfort in doing what you've always done.
    6. Some women genuinely enjoy any kind of beauty product or treatment & will do that kind of thing as often as they're able.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Would it be a turn on if your boyfriend went to salons to get facials, whole body waxing including Brazilian waxing, eyebrows threading and manicure and pedicure...

• I find the idea of eyebrow threading really confronting/gross but I'm not too sure about how it works just that it involved a needle or something. Other than that, um, yeah I guess so? I mean, it would be more so if he felt he particularly wanted to make himself look & feel handsome for me. They why not the what. It'd definitely be if he'd invite me to go with him. That's just special.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think that women are all naturally more beautiful than men, some are and some aren't. The same thing for men. Some women are hideous.

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 39

• All animals preen themselves to look better to get high quality mates. Like peacocks!

Although the colorful peacocks are the male ones, the point still stands... Come to think of it, I believe men should be the ones prettying themselves up for us. The uterus is in higher demand than sperm, after all. We should be the ones who are sitting back and watching boys work hard to impress US.

2|1
    0|0
    • Em already do pretty much all the work to woo , get attention and impress women...

• Am glad you do realise and agree that male is the inferior gender

• by the way you are a beautiful uterus owner!!

• Men and women are different.
    Men doesn't need to become hairless or get more beautiful.

Women mostly do these things to look more feminine, to highlighting their gender. While men don't need to do beauty treatments and try to look beautiful.

1|0
    1|0
    • Would it be a turn on if your boyfriend went to salons to get facials, whole body waxing including Brazilian waxing, eyebrows threading and manicure and pedicure...

• Show All
    • Even want some hair on his chest and stomach?

• Yeah.
      Though I don't prefer it if he looked like a carpet.

• Because we want to. Why do people make a big deal out of it. We do it for ourselves. Most times I don't want to see red patches or pimples right there. I want to at least look a bit presentable. I'd be a bit disturbed if someone had large ass acne and didn't try to help it

1|0
    0|0

• I don't care if they went and made their skin feel good. I saw a video on guys going to a facial and waxing place and they loved it. But manicures and pedicures.. maybe no nail polish but if they want to remove dead skin have at it. For eyebrows, it's fine with what you have but wouldn't it bug you if your eyebrows started reaching for your eyes and gathered in the middle? Aka unibrow

• They just like it and like looking good. I wear makeup only to special events. Some women sadly are insecure and can't look at themselves without thinking they're ugly without makeup.

1|1
    0|0
    • But men don't wear makeup or go-to beauty salons on special occasions as well. Why?

• Show All
    • I think if a man has terrible eyebrows he should fix them. But it's still feminine. And waxing body hair is indeed feminine

• How should a " man" fix his thick eyebrows without seemingly feminine? The process/ act of waxing is feminine or it's the end result of absolutely Smooth hairless skin that's feminine?

• I personally don't want makeup I've never been a fan of it. Then again I'm a major tomboy so maybe that's why. I'd rather throw a football and roll around in mud that sit in the bathroom for hours doing my makeup

0|1
    0|0

• I mean yeah if wants to do that he's in titled to. I wouldn't say that it's a turn on for me but it's also not something I would judge I'm for

• Isn't it better than a man keeping himself all natural hairy everywhere including the chest stomach shoulders?

• More from Girls

What Guys Said 3

Recommended myTakes