Despite being naturally more beautiful than men, why do women wear makeup?

Women are naturally more beautiful and good looking than men.
Yet it's the women who go to beauty salons, do beauty treatments and wear makeup. Women naturally have lot less body and facial hair than men , yet it's the women who are lot more into body hair removal.

Women, shouldn't it be the men who should be doing beauty treatments, body hair removal and go-to beauty salons lot more because men " need" all this while women don't need it. ... they are already Naturally better and more beautiful.

404

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it'd be quite flattering if a guy would do those kind of things to make himself handsome for the woman in his life but I think there's a few reasons.

1. We've been told by all kinds of media that that's what we're expected/required to do since we were little
    2. Companies have exploited this & tied these beauty treatments with 'being a normal female' like they have with men & sports or working out.
    3. In the same way the media tends to shame men for doing things to care for their skin or health (and I don't know why). So people have that expectation in their minds.
    4. A lot of women, even if it might be subconscious tie being a successful person with people thinking they're beautiful. Like, stunningly beautiful, and if they're not looking stunningly beautiful, feel guilty, anxious or ashamed within themselves.
    5. Routine. Much of this has become so mundane that it's now "just something that you do". Putting on make up, getting waxed, doing your hair, your nails, buying products. There's a comfort in doing what you've always done.
    6. Some women genuinely enjoy any kind of beauty product or treatment & will do that kind of thing as often as they're able.

• Would it be a turn on if your boyfriend went to salons to get facials, whole body waxing including Brazilian waxing, eyebrows threading and manicure and pedicure...

• I find the idea of eyebrow threading really confronting/gross but I'm not too sure about how it works just that it involved a needle or something. Other than that, um, yeah I guess so? I mean, it would be more so if he felt he particularly wanted to make himself look & feel handsome for me. They why not the what. It'd definitely be if he'd invite me to go with him. That's just special.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think that women are all naturally more beautiful than men, some are and some aren't. The same thing for men. Some women are hideous.