Do you wear foundation and why?

I'm asking as I got some after talking to my friends about make up, but my mum said I shouldn't. So I wanna know some of your opinions and see if I should use it or not.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Sometimes
    Vote C
  • I want to/other
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• i want to but i dont want to be judged for wearing makeup, so i dont and i dont go outside...

0|0
    0|0
    • As long the foundation is the right colour, no one will know. So what you can do is go to a shops which has the make up area and get one of the girls to help you get a colour match. they should then find a colour which is perfect. ^-^ the you can find a matching colour at a cheaper shop (that's what I did lol) hope this helps hon

• Show All
    • thays the issue, i dont believe in myself

• I see hon, well what you need to do is say that your you and no one can change you and you have the right of being you. And then you should go out and just walk around as you, no ones opinion really matters other than yours.

Most Helpful Girl

• Foundation is meant to even out the skin. Many people have more than one skin tone or colors in their face, or darker under eye circles, or darker or lighter patches of skin, or something they want to cover up like a scar or acne. If you genuinely have amazing skin, and it is more evenly toned than not, or you just don't want to wear make-up, then by all means, go without foundation. It's time consuming to apply and if you aren't one to rigorously take care of your skin, getting in the habit of not removing it can lead to bad skin. I wear it at work, events, special occasions because I do like how it gives me a finished look, but just socially hanging out with friends, relaxing, etc, I like to give my face a chance to breath.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Hey zara, can you message me, its mathew, I had toget a new account

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it makes my face pure and soft looking and it even covers my zit.

0|0
    0|0
  • It makes me zesty.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't wear makeup.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do sometimes, especially during vampire roleplay

1|0
    0|0
    • Are you the guy who wanted to suck period blood in a previous post?

• nope,, ewww not at all

What Girls Said 35

• I just use a light foundation.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I wear makeup I always put foundation on bc it just gives a nice evenly colored look and it can cover up the look of blemishes if you do have any. But I would say if u put foundation on or any makeup for that matter please remember to wash it off!!! It can ruin your face and make you break out so at the end of the day just take it off!

1|0
    0|0
  • I do for work, otherwise I try to give my skin a rest. I use a tinted moisturizer when I'm leaving the house.
    Since you're still young, I'd say use as little product as possible (unless you have blemishes to cover up). Some mascara is all you need if you wanted to wear makeup! :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Tinted moisturizer and BB Cream are great options for when you don't want to wear foundation. If you choose to wear foundation, wear something light like sheer or minimal coverage. I recommend Maybelline's FitMe collection because it's so light on the skin and blends in perfectly. I've been using it for months now and haven't had a breakout yet. With regular face washing and moisturizing then you can minimize breakouts -- I hope.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't. If I ever feel like wearing make up I wear a bit of tinted moisturiser and loose powder. Every time I wear full coverage (generally for formal events) my skin feels so heavy and itchy 😕

1|0
    0|0
  • I only wore foundation when I'm going to a major event such as a wedding. Other than that, I mostly use blemishing balm ( BB cream), make-up makes you age a bit faster and clogs up your pores. I don't know if you want to ruin your baby face. I prefer not to wear make-up and mostly do skin-care. Can't have flawless make-up without a flawless canvas.

0|0
    0|0
  • foundation is to give more coverage and make your make up last longer , you can experiment and see what works best for you. There are tons of products you can try from tinted moisturizers , bb creams , light foundations or more heavy duty foundations. As long as you maintain a face cleaning routine your skin would have no problems.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear a full face so to not wear foundation would look off. Remember that a foundation doesn't have to always be heavy. You can go for a lighter coverage. There are plenty of options that will suit your needs in the market.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've worn foundation on a handful of occasions and not had any issues with it like skin flare-ups or anything like that.
    I'd wear it more often but because I'm not going out I just feel overdressed.

0|0
    0|0
  • I say go for it :)) it just away of enhancing your beauty, but don't get so caught up with makeup that you feel incomplete without it. Also, beware that it can cause acne overtime if you have acne prone skin and don't let your pores breathe. But besides that go ahead I love makeup as well

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't because my skin is quite good and I don't like to put chemicals on it. You're young so I wouldn't advise you either.

3|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes, unfortunately, for my job.
    Not when I was 16. Actually not when I was 26 either.
    You don't need that paste on your face when you're young and healthy. Enjoy it, is what I say.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes. I don't have acne, but i like make up because it makes everything homogeneous.
    But my skin doesn't look bad without it.
    When i want to look perf i do wear foundation. I like foundation tbh.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I really haven't tried out yet and besides full face makeup in my country cost way over a hundred dollars. Thats not gonna be something I am gonna invest in fully.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually just wear lipstick and eyeliner. I like to wear just enough makeup to enhance my natural look without completely covering it up.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do but only when I'm going out. I don't tend to wear makeup otherwise.

0|0
    0|0
  • I very rarely wear any makeup at all. It makes me break out... plus I just look weird lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to wear foundation every day but, despite washing my face thoroughly every day, it still ruined my skin and gave me pimples which led to scars etc. Then I gave up wearing it about 6 months ago and it's the best thing I've ever done for my skin. I rarely get pimples, my scars have faded and it's gotten rid of some hyperpigmentation. Not only that, it's also made me a lot more confident. I still wear it every now and then if I run out of concealer or if I'm going somewhere where I want to wear quite a bit of make up that would look off without foundation but that's it. The best advice I can give you is use concealer on imperfections, not foundation. Wear foundation as little as possible and as long as you wear spf every day, I promise you won't regret it when you're older!

2|0
    0|0
  • I do occasionally. It's usually just too much effort.

0|0
    0|0
  • My mom said the same thing and it's true. As a teenager, your skin doesn't need foundation.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes