How to get over unwanted attention?

So i'm a model that spends a few months in france during the year, and as much as I love it, going outside is so difficult. I get followed EVERYWHERE, people keep cornering me, asking me out, stopping me in the street, just staring at me. and trying to pay for my stuff. I thought at first It was normal but people I know here have pointed it out and how weird it is and have pointed out how everyone keeps staring at me.. I don't know what to do.. I barely go outside because I can't be left alone to enjoy my day. If its not the guys being annoying its the women putting me down for no reason... I really want to be able to have a good time because im here for another 2 months but can't deal with this anymore..
please help with some advice..

315

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow wouldn't have guess this could be problematic for people. Well i knew it was but not to the degree of not wanting to go outside. Is that like a France thing? Where the men are full of themselves or something? Hmm, maybe you can travel around with a group? A group of woman is far more intimidating than a woman by herself. Not fixing yourself up is a option, but im not so sure that's a the route you'll want to take. Honestly, if it got that bad i would just tape a sign on my back that says "leave me alone." in french.

• Their complete Misogynists here.. spain, italy, france, greece.. very had to deal with in those countries. I'm at the point of flipping people off- some guy yesterday asked me point blank from his car window to suck his friends " cock".
      I just don't have a lot of friends here that are female so I'm having trouble.. :\ i just dont know if there's a proper response or something to poeple that will get htem to go away

• No no I'm not calling you a liar, but I just can't imagine that. I would probably snap on every dude who did that to a loved one of mine. Good looks are a blessing and a curse I see that now... I hope you find some way to enjoy yourself over there :(

• thank you!!! Me as welll!!

Most Helpful Girl

• if you go out for fun and want to be left alone. just wear ugly clothes that would make you ugly or average also don't wear make-up. if you can do that people will naturally leave you alone.