How to get over unwanted attention?

So i'm a model that spends a few months in france during the year, and as much as I love it, going outside is so difficult. I get followed EVERYWHERE, people keep cornering me, asking me out, stopping me in the street, just staring at me. and trying to pay for my stuff. I thought at first It was normal but people I know here have pointed it out and how weird it is and have pointed out how everyone keeps staring at me.. I don't know what to do.. I barely go outside because I can't be left alone to enjoy my day. If its not the guys being annoying its the women putting me down for no reason... I really want to be able to have a good time because im here for another 2 months but can't deal with this anymore..
please help with some advice..

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow wouldn't have guess this could be problematic for people. Well i knew it was but not to the degree of not wanting to go outside. Is that like a France thing? Where the men are full of themselves or something? Hmm, maybe you can travel around with a group? A group of woman is far more intimidating than a woman by herself. Not fixing yourself up is a option, but im not so sure that's a the route you'll want to take. Honestly, if it got that bad i would just tape a sign on my back that says "leave me alone." in french.

0|0
    0|0
    • Their complete Misogynists here.. spain, italy, france, greece.. very had to deal with in those countries. I'm at the point of flipping people off- some guy yesterday asked me point blank from his car window to suck his friends " cock".
      I just don't have a lot of friends here that are female so I'm having trouble.. :\ i just dont know if there's a proper response or something to poeple that will get htem to go away

• Show All
    • No no I'm not calling you a liar, but I just can't imagine that. I would probably snap on every dude who did that to a loved one of mine. Good looks are a blessing and a curse I see that now... I hope you find some way to enjoy yourself over there :(

• thank you!!! Me as welll!!

Most Helpful Girl

• if you go out for fun and want to be left alone. just wear ugly clothes that would make you ugly or average also don't wear make-up. if you can do that people will naturally leave you alone.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• first; pics
    and second, i know this feeling except people asking me out, but the constant stares can be so tiresome
    even tho people are telling me you should be flattered etc... it makes me feel different in this weird way... like i have this out of this world weird vibe around me
    plus its draining as hell

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd love to know the answer to this because the same sort of things happens to me. I find It's usually not that bad at all when people are on their own but when I'm around groups of girls or people in relationships it's kind of intimidating. It's got to the stage where I really avoid going to public places on my own where I know people in relationships are going to be there, because the dirty looks and comments from the bfs gets too much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ignore them completely, if they want to start a convo with you just walk away from there, but its good at least you are getting attention and yeah i can undersatnd your valid point too much attention can be irritating

0|0
    0|0
  • Happens to me at nude beaches and resorts. It can be exhausting

1|0
    0|0
  • I have no clue whatsoever of how it feels like 😅

but I can try to get in your heels and try to imagine

if you want to be a normal nothing burger

lay low,
    luckily by the grace of the fashion gods, the most comfortable clothes are either very non attractive or not standing out.

there you go
    pop on a non flashy hoodie, baggy sweat pans (yoga pants - big no no )
    a solid colored cap and a pair of glasses to hide ( the complete goddess of a beauty that you probably are) and be able to deflect those sleezebags thinking that models are easy and/or gold diggers

0|0
    0|0
  • Wear more conservative, apply less/no makeup, avoid too much perfumes to stop attracting the mass's lol or get a real man to walk with you

0|0
    0|0
  • ignore and keep a pepper spray if you are extremely irritated. what do you think we can do to help you in this situation?

0|0
    0|0
  • You must have meant to ask: "How to get over yourself?"!!

JK I don't think you can avoid that. You cannot change the 🌎, or in this case France.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's tough. As long as you are with another or in a group you are safe. I hope your attire is not too revealing or indecent because this is what attracts trash in every walk of life. Insecure and low self-esteemed women will be jealous. Ignorant guys wanting to "buy you" and only stare and follow you are pigs. You are empowered to do anything and everything to feel safe. No matter what, you're in unfamiliar territory, you should always have a wingman. Even guys are not alone in unfamiliar territories.

0|0
    0|0
  • Put on a lesbian t-shirt, and double ankh medallion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm well don't wear makeup and wear things that cover the whole body.

0|0
    0|0
  • just dress down, wear a hoodie and sweat pants

0|0
    0|0
  • Put a big hat and glasses on

0|0
    0|0
  • Dress like this...

https://i.imgur.com/7XsR1.jpg

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Unfortunately all you can do is ignore it and go on with your day!

0|0
    0|0
  • Dress ordinary. Flannel shirt and plain jeans. Put a cap on and wear big sunglasses.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes