Girls, do you think my hair care routine is bad or gross?

I'm a guy, and I have somewhat long hair - almost to my shoulders. Whenever I tell someone about my hair care routine, they all freak out because they can't imagine life without shampooing every single day. I just think it's because they were all blessed with straight, silky, moisturized hair. They don't know what it's like to have wavy/curly, dry, coarse hair.

Anyway, it looks like this:
Day 1: oil mask (with coconut oil), shampoo, condition (with leave in conditioner)
Day 2: nothing
Day 3: only rinse with water
(Repeat)

My hair is almost never oily, even if I tried. It's most moisturized on Day 2, but even then I wouldn't consider it oily by any means. So what is so wrong with this routine? Does anyone have a routine like mine that works for them? Are you grossed out by this routine? Should I just shampoo every day, no matter how terrible it is for my hair?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well my hair are too oily except from the fact that they are so thin, too.. like I wash them today and tomorrow are such a mess.. and I'm really jealous of you having non oily hair you must be so lucky boy😭😭 and your daily hair routine is great and of course you have to treat your hair that much because they are curly and long so go on!

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks! Lol it seems like the grass is always greener on the other side, eh? I'd SO rather have hair like yours.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• I don't shampoo my hair every day - it's not necessary, unless you've put a time of product in it. But for most people I think every 2 or 3 days is fine. Sounds like you have a system that works for you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Shampooing every single day is in fact very bad for the hair. My hairdresser told me to shampoo only twice a week, 3 times at maximum, the other days I just rinse with water. I also use masks

0|1
    0|0
    • So I should be shampooing even less?

• I depends on your hair, you should ask advices to your hairdresser (s) he'll know what's best for your hair. But tbh no one should shampoo every day

• Alright, thanks!

• Seems pretty legit to me. I can't shampoo my hair everyday neither.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wear your hair up or tied back, wash it everyday.. or you can just get a haircut.

0|0
    0|1
    • "or you can just get a haircut" - not an option, thanks

• Show All
    • DIY dildos.. where the fuck did you pull that number from?

• I was making a point - that your statement was out of nowhere and unrelated.

• It sounds fine. Very healthy. You shouldn't wash your hair everyday because it generates its own oil and when you wash everyday, the shampoo washes away those oils which makes your hair dry.

0|0
    0|0
  • "only rinse with water" have no use.
    Generally you should wash your hair 1 - 2 times a week. Shampoo isn't good for the hair (unless you have oily hair).

0|0
    0|0
  • its sounds fine

0|0
    0|0
  • if you hair feels good then stick w ur regimen only change it if u want to actually change something if it bothers u how people react when u tell them ur hair regimen then just don't bring it up? :/ u could always just say u use shampoo not much of a big deal really
    I love long hair so watever works for u m8

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes