Have you ever met someone attractive who thought they were unattractive?

I was on a dating site years ago.

There was this girl who thought she was unattractive and wouldn't post pictures, after awhile of talking, i finally got to see what she looked like, she was beautiful.

I saw why she thought she was ugly though, she had a mole on her cheek that stood out a bit, but besides that she was very attractive...
She had long hair, big brown eyes, she was just attractive

That being said, if a girl tells you she doesn't post pictures because she's "ugly"...
I mean you can be nice but expect what she told you... I have dealt with a few girls like that and i mean not to be rude but they weren't lying.. you can still be nice though & disagree
  • Yes i have
  • No i have not
  • Results
    Vote C

31

Most Helpful Girl

• apparently I'm like that, I must have dysmorphic disorder or something because I look fat (at 125lbs 5'6") and I don't really like my features even though most people tell me I'm pretty/beautiful/whatever. I haven't told anyone that I feel that way but when I complained that I gained almost ten pounds in two weeks I didn't hear the end of it and my family tries to get me to eat more.
    my rational side knows that I'm not fat and that I must eat, so I eat as healthy as I can so I don't gain weight :( but it still sucks when I look at myself in the mirror, I don't even wear bikinis to the beach

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • i can relafe to this. im the same. i would like to think one day we will see ourselves as others do

• im sure you will get there eventually. exercise is really good for you. try walks in nature too.

i have learned to just accept compliments even when i didn't believe them. i found after a while of accepting it, i started to consider believing it. its progress. i suppose haha.

i can accept who i am... just not other peoples opinions of me. i always feel theyre joking when they say anything positive

• @Spongebob1235 haha of course it's progress. I'm trying hard to understand why I see myself like that but the harder I try the worse it gets. I'll try and stop fixating on what I see and accept what other people say... eventually I'll believe it.. hopefully
      it was nice knowing someone else knows what it feels 😊

Most Helpful Guy

• a lot of women are like that.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE