Should I still wear crop top and shorts with marks on my body?

So I used to have eczema and It left marks on my body. Not too many marks but they are like dark patches around the body. I told my best friend one day that I was going to wear a crop top and she was like 'With all those marks on?' and I also get bullied at school do you think I should still wear a crop top?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Forget everyone else, dude. I have dark spots all over from eczema scars but I'll still go to the beach shirtless and wear shorter shorts than most guys. Show your skin and don't care about what people think.

Most Helpful Girl

• This seriously bothered me my whole life because I have struggled with eczema and the results of constant scratching to get relief. It made me extremely self concious and I spent a lot of time just worried if anyone could see it if I even showed an once of skin, but then one hot day, it was just too friggin' much and I was about to pass out from the heat, so I took my light cardigan off to reveal a tank underneath which exposed me a bit, and sure it got a few looks, but it was either deal, or die in the heat, so I dealt with it. People are going to think whatever, and some will say whatever, but I think at some point you just have to force people to accept you as the new normal. Do I have marks, sure, are you going to look, probably, but the key is not to let it get to you and to keep it moving.