I plan on cutting my hair short. Before I do so, I want to do something crazy with my hair. Any suggestions?

I have naturally blond hair reaching to my shoulders. I'm planning on cutting it short this month, which I think is an opportunity to create something weird on my head before I do that, something that I wouldn't normally wear (I'm free to experiment since I'm going to get rid of it soon anyway). I'm open to suggestions, both in terms of hair dye and the haircut itself. I'm thinking of shaving my temples and leaving the rest long (just like in the picture, except it would be blond), but I'm afraid it might look a little 2015 by now.

21