What is the warmest outfit a typical girl will wear in an Australian winter?

I come from a place with cold winters, so I'm wondering what the winter fashion is like in Australia. Are there still parkas? Thermals under jeans? Boots and gloves?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• as a aussie myself i do say bring pants and coat as in state of Victoria, nsw, tasmaina and ACT it does get really cold

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • dont need gloves unless heading to alps but its up to you on that one where i live on coast it gets a low of 8'c and im on south east coast line of aus

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes to parkas, boots and gloves. It's not that even cold to be honest. You could get away with not wearing thermals underneath your jeans, boots and gloves in all honesty.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Ah so maybe Australians are maybe more sensitive to the cold than Americans? Do you wear thermals under your jeans at all in the winter?

• It really doesn't get that cold in all honesty. The coldest during the day is 12C and at night it's 8C.
      I wear thermals underneath my leggings if i plan on just wearing leggings with a shirtdress and ankle boots of any sorts for work.