Is it spoiled for a 16 year old to own a Rolex?

I'm 16 and my parents bought me a Rolex for graduating 10th grade. I love it and wear it all the time, but I constantly get comments on how spoiled it is for a 16 year old to wear a $9,000 watch. Do you agree with this? Should I put it away and save it until I'm older?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That's pretty damn spoilt for just passing 10th grade, despite that it's not your fault. It's pretty cheap for a Rolex as well, though you might wanna take care of it. Insure it or lock it away, because stuff like that can get stolen easily. I recommend you don't wear it out everywhere you go as well since it's sort of like waving a flag for would-be thieves. A Rolex should only be worn in certain formal occasions, it's not an everyday watch.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• That's more like a guy hint.. b yeah too expensive to be wearing at your age unless you don't mind risking getting robbed...

You graduated early?

Anywayyyy anyone at any age with extremely expensive jewelry should only wear it to certain places not in a daily basis like school, or just kicking it with friends. Etc etc... it's just weird..

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• I would worry that someone might take it off you. Definitely don't wear it too much, save it for when your older. It's a little too much to get you that for graduating 10th grade. I wonder what your parents will get you once you graduate high school... either way, be careful because Rolexes are high end and expensive beyond belief. Don't wear it around in the public too much.

1|0
    0|0
  • 9k just for passing 10th grade? That's very spoiled.

9k for a rolex is really cheap though, but for a 16 year old, it's spoiled.

I'd be worried about it getting stolen. There's no way in hell a thief is going to skip the opportunity to steal a watch from a kid.

1|0
    0|0
  • These people assume that your parents easily give you everything you ask for and that you have the "rich bitc*" attitude because of that. Now to answer your question, do you think that wearing it is worth all the shit (from the people) that you have to deal with? If yes, keep it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I had one with a diamonds face but unfortunately It got stolen

1|0
    0|0
    • Sorry to hear that.. How old were you when you got it?

• Show All
    • Nice.. I bet it was gorgeous

• Yes it sure was. Congratulations on getting your Rolex watch. Wear it right now and enjoy the beautiful gift. When you get older your style might change so enjoy it now. I highly recommend getting insurance on the watch and if you can't get insurance try Lloyd's of London also put the watch in a safety deposit box because I learned my lesson and I no longer have my watch. My house got broken into when I went on vacation and they got it all

• Wear it on special occasions or when you dress up particularly nicely. I say that because if you show it off too much someone might decide they need it more than you do.

1|0
    0|0
  • Does it really matter? You've got a phone anyway, so if you don't want to wear it, don't. If you do want to wear it, why give a shit about others being jealous?

1|0
    0|0
  • Waste of money, I'd cash it and either save it till I'm a little over 18 or ask my parents to use that money to invest into the property I choose.

1|1
    0|0
  • First of all yes if you got a 9000 dollar watch for passing 10th grade yes. But for the question should you wear it, I would only on special occasions so you dont getted mugged or something

1|1
    0|0
  • in all fairness its a present for graduating. wear it with pride fuck what jealous people think. but be careful not to show it off because some people might steal it

1|0
    0|0
  • if i had your watch and sold it id have my loan paid off , a nine thousand dollor watch is bit much for a gift for graduation

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends. I think every article of clothing has a time and place, so maybe don't wear your Rolex to work/the gym/etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • your only spoiled if you think u deserve everything just because your parents have money

1|0
    0|0
  • Your parents gave it to you. Just wear it. Do people's comments really matter?

1|0
    0|0
  • you probably are spoiled but this doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy your new watch.

1|0
    0|0
  • look they are very jealous of you don't let it bother you wear it with pride

1|0
    0|0
  • Your watch is worth more than my car lmao.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't like to wear a clock

1|0
    0|0
  • yes if you ask the question then YES it is

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • It's stupid.

1|0
    0|0
  • I smell bullshit

0|0
    0|0
    • What? 😂

• I think you're lying, no parents would waste money on a watch like that for their child

• Um ok I'd add a pic but I'm not sure how

What Girls Said 3

• if they get you things all the time then you're spoiled but keep wearing it if you don't it's a waste who care what other people say if they had one they'd wear it

1|0
    0|0
  • your parents probably worked hard for their money, they should spend it how they want to

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell my watch was only $300 !!! I suggest you wear it.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes