Why are holes in jean a trend/thing?

Why are holes in jeans are even a thing? In my opinion they all look like poorly treated clothes, and not fashionable. So why is it a trend? And why is it popular with men too?Why are holes in jean a trend/thing??Why are holes in jean a trend/thing??

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it give a t"hough", rock, badass vibe that people like. Personally I don't like them and it doesn't suit me.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you figure this out would you let me know. Paying new prices for what amounts to used jeans never made much sense to me and I grew up in the 60's generation that originated dressing down.
    ~JSmith

0|0
    0|0
    • I'd say read other people's opinion on this question.

• I was being facetious. I am well aware that some people find stressed jeans fashionable but I think it's nonsense, especially when you are paying $50+ per pair.
      ~JSmith

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• I love the toughness look and separates me from the true girly girls

0|2
    1|0
  • Honestly I don't know, I find the trend kind of dumb tbh, but whatever.

0|1
    0|0
  • cuz we like to look like we're poor and have no money

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like them that distressed. But I like distressed jeans. They look more relaxed and cool. I also love the butt slit jeans.

0|1
    0|0
  • Distressed looks been in the circuit a minute now, some are better than others but yea I guess its not for everyone to like

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of my jeans have holes in them. I do not care a lot about fashion.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not my style but to each his own

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with you.

1|0
    0|0
  • They make the jeans fashionable

0|0
    0|0
  • I like them, but they are getting boring

0|0
    0|0
  • I kinda think it looks cool and cauldual

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I love them, I wear them with fishnets and my Docs and I'm set for a good night out 😂 But seriously, I think it's a trend because it's got that edgy look that lots of teens are going for

0|1
    0|0
  • It's been out for a while. I guess it's edgy. I have a few because that's the only type I saw around. They look good to me if it's multiple small rips. I don't like the big cut where your knee shows

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it's been a trend since the 1980s.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• I know right? I never really understood why people did that back in high school or even middle school.. I guess it was just a popular trend back then lol

2|1
    0|0
  • I find it hot. You know when a girl is wearing a leather jacket, a pair of ripped jeans, and a pair of combat boots!!

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it can look alright on some people.. I personally don't wear them tho. it depends on the look you are going for.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know I think it's pretty dumb tbh.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well for girl, i just look seeing a rugged look

0|0
    0|0
  • Certain things just become trendy in certain years with young people, I've seen it change a lot through the decades, in the 80s women had shoulder pads and guys wore tight jeans, then years later guys started wearing sagging pants and showing their underwear so go figure? I don't know who starts this stuff but it looks dumb most times

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes