Do people actually care about thigh gaps?

I just see a big fuss about thigh gap in social media, and honestly I can't believe people can make a fuss about THAT. But hey, I'm not American so I don't know, that's why I'm asking this. So take it as a question from a curious foreigner rather than a girl who is insecure about her body. :/

Do people really care about it in real life? Is it something that men care about more than women or vice versa?

• I care and I like a good thigh gap.
  • I care and I hate thigh gap, I like thighs that touch.
  • I don't care about thigh gap at all.
    Vote C
  • Other (write down below)
    Vote D
Select a gender to cast your vote:
I was thinking of mentioning the thigh triangle gaps in the poll but never knew what they are called until now, so thanks @xMiaxBuerx for letting me know this. I found out that they are called diamond gaps? Whatever it is, this shit is getting weird. It's interesting how such a small detail of the body can contribute to the overall attractiveness of a woman's figure to some people. What crazy things peole come with, lmao.

1917

What Guys Said 17

• I don't care at all and my attraction to woman's body, not counting the face, is based on their legs and butt. I feel like I've said this countless times on here but here we go again. As far as looks are concerned, any woman that eats well (definitely not to little) and runs/jogs 3 times a week, looks her best. Beyond that, they shouldn't worry so much about their body.

• True. Those with a wide frame can't be thin anyway but they can look super good when they are fit!

• I'm American and pushing 40. I had never even heard the term thigh gap until less than a year ago. Until then, I never noticed. After noticing, I still don't care. That is just too trivial of an issue.

• I don't care as long as she has nice thighs. I'm a sucker for thighs, so whether they touch or not, is irrelevant.

• I personally prefer big thick thighs with no thigh gap and a nice curve

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...8b9e6f5b1f.jpg

• I care about thigh gaps. They are attractive. These type of girls have fit bodies. But thigh gaps on very thin bodies is not attractive at all.

• It isn't the top of my cares list

• So is it in the middle of your cares list out bottom? :p

• Well let's see:

I don't go sniffing around girls' butts to inspect their thigh gaps
      It doesn't affect me or my time with her

I'd say it's above my concern of Switzerland conquering the world, and below my fear of Zack Snyder directing the next DC movie

• i don't care about it

• I don't care about thigh gap at all. do you?

• No I don't care about that in a girl ☺️💕

• I don't care

• I like a good pair of ear warming thighs. But i don't judge or would reject a woman on either count.

• 6d

By the way, this thigh gap thing is one more part of the billion dollar industry that preys on women's insecurities. Thigh gaps is one more drive to promote slimming aids, diet plans, or gym regimes. It's all about money. Women don't matter, except as cash cows.

• I prefer her to have one, but not having one definitively isn't a deal breaker...

• 7d

Honestly, girls should learn the Gaussian curves.
      It might help them with their self confidence.
      I don't know how the curve for tight gaps are.
      But I can tell that the curve for how important they are is most likely Gaussian.
      Or in other words, a few people care a ton, a few people not at all and most are somewhere in the middle having a preference one way or the other but without it being a deal breaker.
      and the same applies to pretty much every other trait and preference out there.
      And often the preference is Gaussian too.

• 6d

Try to look that up then.

• Nah, don't care. She can't skip meals on purpose.

• What is it with skipping meals and thigh gaps?

• @CubsterShura Are you a picky eater? I definitely am. I have a hard time finding food when I'm laying around the house. That why I have to go to restaurants so often.

• I'm a picky eater too.

• pimediaonline.co.uk/.../thigh-gap.jpg

Right is hot. Left is not.

• Why should I complement you on your looks and all women like you hate me because i'm fat, ugly, and have a disability?

• Well, I care about my partners being fit and most of the time a thigh gap is a result of being fit.

• i dont... i love to talk to anybody who talks to me nicely

What Girls Said 19

• I do and I think they're so useful - if a person has one their pants will last FOREVER...
    If they don't - they'll have to get new pants from time to time - the less of a gap they have, the more often they'll need new pants. It's amoney sucker...

• I have one & I like my hips but not my thigh gap & no one has ever said "I love your thigh gap" -or anything, no one ever says that to me so yeah people may care teen girls in their room but outside of that, no. It hasn't in of it self impacted my life in any way

• I care in a way, because thigh gaps freak me out a bit. But you can't really help it, if you have wide hips and slim legs. But since it's a genetic thing that you can't change, I wouldn't say it be any importance to me if someone had a gap between their thighs or didn't.

• I don't care too much. If I had one, cool. I don't, cool. All I'm concerned is that girls eat healthy and exercise

• I don't care at all.

• I don't have a thigh gap but I have a gap shaped like a triangle since I actually have thighs, not sticks. Thigh triangles are way sexier...

• Ahaaa lol, didn't know that they are called thought triangles. Yeah they're pretty common I guess.

• only stupid people do. Thigh gap started as a trend by young girls on the internet wanting to starve themselves and look super skinny. No one cares you have or not a thigh gap it does not determine health nor attractiveness

• No one cares and you can't change it anyway. It's about your bone structure not fat or anything else. I used to have stick legs a few years ago and guess what, still didn't have a thigh gap lmao

• Nah majority of guys don't care for it, women do.

• I'm Indian and I wonder same.
    I don't have one sadly...

But tbh, I always thought Westerners have way too high beauty standards than South Asians do.

• I could not care less about thigh gaps. ^_^

• i think girls care more about tigh gaps than guys do

• It's not a big deal but it does make the girl's body cuter. Women with thigh gaps usually also have a nice shape not like the one in the picture above.

• I don't care. One of my friends was like "Wow you have the thigh gap" I was like 'Ehh'

No guy has ever mentioned it and i didn't even notice. I try not to pay attention to these new body images

• I don't care but some people really do care a lot!

• Thigh gaps are literally only a thing on Tumblr. No one cares or notices a thigh gap.

• To be honest, I only care because when I don't have one it means I'm too fat and it creates chafing.

• No, 'nuff said.

I'd date a girl and would not even notice the legs if she has one or not.

• I like my tiny thigh gap